Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Most Versatile,Killer, 2x10 Cabinet

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass Clef, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Eden 210 XST 4 OHMS

12.0%
  2. Epifani 210 UL 4 OHMS

14.1%
  3. Eden 210 XLT 4 OHMS

25.0%
  4. Euphonic Audio NL 210 4 OHMS

15.2%
  5. Other

33.7%
  1. Hi Everyone,

Still exploring my options for speaker cabinets available here in Australia.

I basically am looking for advise,thoughts and opinions on which 2x10 cabinet does it all. Killer tone and versatility.

Please base your votes on the best standalone at this stage.

Not interested in portability differences at this stage or price comparisons.

I play all types of music and I use a Eden WT550 head and may also add a Euphonic Audio iAMP800 in the near future.

Thanking you all in Advance for your participation & input.

Cheers.

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    As long as you're playing a fairly high power head in Australia, why not check out Wayne Jones? I don't think they are all that pricey down under, because they are made there.

3. BUMP !

Some Feedback Please !

4. adept_inept

adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006

im not sure wut the shippinbg would be to aussieland, but i love my avatar. yes, some consider them "bargain" cabs, but mine is perfect. i play shows with it, all alone, all the time. it cost only 270 + shipping, too.

who needs fancy looks and brand names. just check out the site, contact dave. he's a great guy, too.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com

good luck

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    NL210, no doubt. awesomely lightweight, and IMHO, just unbelivably LOUD.

6. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I just used an Epi 210UL with an eden wt400 and an Epi
    112UL. I also have a GK 800 rb, but I've used the 1001rb II.
    These are two very good, but different animals.
    The Eden has lush sexy punchy lows, with neutral mids
    and slighty pointed highs, with the Epi boxes. Very supportive
    but I'm not sure about cut.
    The GK is like a Ginsu knife, but the lows are not quite as
    lush and supportive as the Eden. I've never been able to make the iamp 800 work well with the Epi boxes. The Eden
    or GK work better for me. Hope this helps a little.

7. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    If you are looking for a stand alone 210, I recommend the EA nl-210. It handles small to medium needs with ease, sounds wonderful and weighs very little. I've been using an 8 ohm version with a TFB550 for about 80% of my work recently. Even handle FOH with that setup occasionally. It is the only 210 I've felt comfy bringing into a new club without another cab.

8. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    voted Eden 210XST, i almost always push it with 400 watts, and only sometimes bridge my amp for 1200 watts, but only for the heck of it, since it gets loud enough for me with 400 watts, so i suspect the WT550 would drive it very well.

9. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Australia
    How about acme? Relatively cheap, awesome 2x10.

10. Bergantino of course...

11. Can you get Bergantino cabs in Oz? They would be on my list of top cabs. Check out Tom Bowlus' 210 shoot-out thread from a few months ago. He rated the NL-210 at the top of his test list with the Bergie and Glock.

12. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    My top three 2x10's are the EA NL-210, Bergatino HT210 (and HT210S), and Glockenklang Duo. It's a tough call for me between those three, but I'd have little trouble choosing one of those three over pretty much anything else.

Tom.

[edit: Dang, Aaron, you just beat me to it!]

13. glivanos

glivanos Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Philadelphia Area
    I have an Ampeg svt210 cabinet that sounds awesome using a GK 400RB head.

If you have access to Ampeg products where you, check it out.

14. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    It is hard to list in a poll everything everyone in here loves. Personally I think that the Schroeder cabinet is one of the best. When you consider standard production cab's or botique cabs, I think it is all a matter of choice. IMO

15. Thnx everybody for your input. Really appreciate it.

Tom & Aaron : Bergantino 210 would be nice to have a listen too but can't see if anyone brings them out here in Australia.

The cab's which I have listed are my favourite's which are available here, and I can go and have a listen too at some of the dealers that carry them here in Sydeny.

If anyone knows of any other boutique brands which are available here in Sydney let me know.

Thnx.

16. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Only interested in brands that begin with the letter E, right? :D j/k

I hope you get to try a Bergantino sometime!

17. BUMP !!

Is there anything else worth looking into that anyone knows is available in Sydney, Australia ?

Thnx.

18. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Does the HT210S come close to what the HT210 can do? I was thinking of it as it's whimpy, skinny little brother.

19. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I wouldn't think of it that way. As I heard the two, they had much in common, but the S was a bit more focused and punchy in the mids, while the HT210 went both somewhat deeper and somewhat higher.

Tom.