MXR Bass Blowtorch: Anyone Tried One?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Electricmayhem, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH BP came in the mail today, and I saw this ad for a new MXR distortion pedal called the Bass Blow Torch. I went to Dunlop's site to find out more and I didn't find anything on it! Even a google search doesn't do any good. I guess it's just too new...but has anyone else heard anything about the pedal, or is everyone else with the new issue of BP in the dark with me? :confused:
  2. BassIsFun17

BassIsFun17 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    ive never heard of it,
    but id be interested in using it.
  3. fenderx55

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah, I would COMPLETELY buy it based solely on the name.

I'm not even being sarcastic.
  4. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Well, it appears to have a blend control, so your low end should stay intact. Also, it appears as there are selectable mid-range frequency centers, so it should be flexible. The blue LED makes it badass, too. I'll keep my eyes peeled for this one.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yep, I saw this in Bass Guitar too. I was gonna post a thread, but then my chronic case of apathy kicked in. I doogled a google as well, and no luck. Even Dunlop's homepage doesn't have info!

Seeing as I work at a shop that carries Dunlop stuff, I might just have to order one and try it out. I really don't want another gain pedal, but i'll just have to try it out.
  6. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Could somebody who has the ad, scan it and post it here?
  7. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Could this be the fuzz pedal we saw on Juan's (mars Volta) board a while ago
  8. Never seen or heard about this one either. You made me curious now.
  9. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The movie had some gripping moments, but the ending stank abysmally, and the "story logic" of the original was replaced with clumsy nonsense.

Here's one instance where effects did not improve the tune!
  10. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    scan someone???
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I gotta go take 2 finals, but after school (around 12) i'll try to get a pic up.
  12. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

The knobs are (in order from left to right) Volume, Bass, Midrange, Mid Shift (Switch between 250Hz, 750Hz, and 2KHz,) Treble, Blend, Gain. On the irght side htere's an Input jack, an orange boost button/knob/I don't know. On the left side there's a Thru jack, and an Output jack.
  13. i dont have a scan of it, but doesnt it look oddly similar to the mysterious bass fuzz pedal that was pictured on juan adelerte's (mars volta) board earlier that everyone was like "umm, what is that? mxr doesnt make one of those"

just thought id throw that out there
  14. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Psst scroll up:D
  15. Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    That looks sexified.
  16. that does look pretty cool...
  17. Please do!
  18. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Okay, so I guess there's no info yet. It does look like it would be fun...but I'm wondering when I could try one of these things out!!
  19. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hoah!! Good tie-in.

20. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I love my M-80, the distortion is great.

No reason why that cant be a better overdrive pedal. The M-80 has to give up some OD features for the rest of its arsenal.