1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My dream gear. Now how to rig it? Help please.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by BottomE, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Hi,

i think i have finished purchasing bass gear for a while (thats what my wife is saying anyways). I'd really appreciate some ideas as to how to get the maximum out of it. Here it is:

Little Mark II Amp
    Ampeg 4 x 10 Cab
    EBS Multi Comp
    Sansamp RBI Pre-amp
    Zoom II Bass Effects Multi Processor

I have a passive Hamer Cruise with a 2-tek bridge and an an ancient (25 years old) active Yamaha BB110s. Music style is mainly funk and soul and i like to switch basses during the show. Heres some pointers:

I don't need to use the Zoom - its a legacy thing (and a bit of a comfort from the days of turning up using other peoples gear). The other stuff i'd like to maximise.

Rackmounting would be good but i aint got a clue about that.

I sometimes use a Line 6 combo (for small gigs) with the Sansamp which saves lugging the Ampeg cabinet around.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Bass --> Zoom --> EBS --> RBI --> LMKII --> cab

Just pay very close attention the level of the signal coming out of each unit versus what level is optimal going into the next unit. Also pay attention to balanced versus unbalanced connections, and use the correct cables as needed. I think in your case you'll just be using the unbalanced jacks, but just be aware of which you're choosing.

3. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    I'd go Bass > EBS > RBI > Zoom in FX loop of RBI > LMKII > Ampeg cab.

4. What is the advantage/disadvantage of using the effects loop?

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Depends on the specific effects loop. Some loops allow you to blend the clean signal with the effected signal; some loops work better with line-level signals; some loops have better bypass quality than is built into certain pedals.

6. k, thanks. Sounds like i need to take one step at a time here...