my first legit TOUR WITH JUST SURRENDER!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by akaTRENT, Sep 11, 2010.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    So I'm really stoked about this tour. Its the first one thats longer than 3 shows. Any one have any tips or comments?:hyper: [​IMG]

2. this was a lessoned learned in pain

MAKE SURE TO GET YOUR SLEEP!!!!

3. Yakob

Yakob

Nov 15, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Drink lots of water.

4. Geddyfleaharris

Geddyfleaharris Supporting Member

Bring some canned food with you - tuna, beans whatever. I am not kidding. The first time you have to split a can of creamed corn for supper with your guitarist cause that's all you have and all you can afford, you really start questioning the "rock 'n' roll" lifestyle.

Rock on!

5. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    Just don't suck.

6. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    1) Properly "advancing" the show is the first priority. Make the tech director your friend long before you arrive by MAKING THEIR JOB EASY FOR THEM. Have a easily read tech rider with stage-plot/input list ON ONE PAGE (makes it easy for the sound-person to pull that page and tape it above the board).
    2) Find the taste-makers and gate-keepers in each town, and reach out to them.

Be very smart about what you eat, and always carry charcoal pills, and nail clippers.

Good luck,
    Tommy

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021