1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TheEndIsNYE, Dec 11, 2011.

1. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Any bronies in the house? :cool:

2. SassyS

SassyS

Jul 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    SassyS reporting in!
    I need to catch up on the Season 2 episodes, though. Studying for final exams had me distracted for the past few weeks. :bag:

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

This has to be the strangest trend I've seen happening for a while.
    Even as a kid I found the cartoon lame.

4. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    I found a new word. Bronie.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I remember back when Pony was ironic 24 years ago!!!

6. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Dude, hell yes! And season 2 is better than the first one so far.

7. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Woah man, chill out. I knew I'd get some odd reactions but no need to freak. I intended this to be a semi-hilarious/fan thread. Don't hate.

8. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

What do you find appealing about it?
    You're not alone and I don't get it at all.

9. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Dat plot, man. But seriously, it's just amazing in every way. They use internet/pop culture references very cleverly and it's got some good 'ole 'breaking the 4th wall' in it. And, I just find it enjoyable. Surprisingly, it was made to be for little girls (although there was a Big Lebowski reference in one of the episodes, so I guess not), but the fanbase is mostly made up of teenage/young aged males.

10. Brony reporting in!

agreed, haters gonna hate. I think he needs to be targeted by the orbital friendship cannon.

exactly, admittedly I can't stand the musical numbers in it - but it's actually a surprisingly refreshing show. The characters are very "animated", not just in the sense that they are literally animated but also in the sense that they project their emotions physically and facially very well, which actually creates a show that kindof grabs you. It's also very fun identifying the various "doctor who's" that are placed in the background in episodes as well as Derpy hooves and a number of other background characters/pop culture references. It's a show for little girls, yes, but it also recognizes that there are likely to be older viewers (perhaps parents/babysitters) and likes to throw them a bone - as opposed to most of the modern sitcoms and dramas and cop shows that are intended for adults but treat them like children.

Do I really give a crap if somebody doesn't watch the show? No, it's just a television show - one for little girls at that - it's something I check out on my spare time.

11. SassyS

SassyS

Jul 24, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    The old cartoon was lame. But like TheEndIsNYE described, when you revamp the show and add good writing and likeable characters, it becomes something really enjoyable.

12. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Yeah, anything that's not "Friendship is Magic" sucks. They were all so terrifying looking back then... ugh

13. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Welcome to the club, bro.

I actually like some of the musical numbers, and the others I don't really mind. Anyways, we love and tolerate haters very much.

14. Topspin

Topspin What's my name again?

Dec 15, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I played Tom Sawyer with a pick once. Shame on me.
    I was wondering when this would pop up in TBOT. :smug:
    Yup, Imma brony. Watched the first episode to see what the internet was going crazy for, and got hooked...

Derpy is best pony. :ninja:

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Yeah I prefer intelligent things to do with my time.

16. is it just me, or is it hilarious that you post such a thing on the internet?

17. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    w00t! Hooray for more Derpy in season 2.

18. Timmah

Timmah Supporting Member

May 19, 2011
    Connecticut
    Lol. My brothers a brony, and I really don't get it. I do other stupid things, like waste time on this site...

19. TheEndIsNYE

TheEndIsNYE

Dec 3, 2011
    Just watch an episode and try it. Don't knock it 'til you try it!