1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Name your String Supplier

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by La Faro, Apr 1, 2020.

1. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    Jeff Scott likes this.
  2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    fretnation.com for sure.

Keep in mind that some manufacturers limit where dealers can ship their product. No getting around that other than buying local.

3. Being from Canada, I usually order my strings from Strings By Mail as their international shipping rates are one of the lowest. Matt is the guy who would respond to your emails. He's been great to deal with as he's always flexible with pricing to help offset the cost of international shipping.

Electric Bass Strings | Bass Guitar Strings | Strings By Mail

If the strings you're interested in are not officially listed on their website, send Matt an email and let him know what you need.

La Faro likes this.
  4. Jon Moody

Jon Moody Commercial User

Sep 9, 2007
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Manager of Brand Identity & Development, GHS Strings, Innovation Double Bass Strings, Rocktron
    Please keep in mind the current world climate when you’re mentioning timelines. A large number of string companies are completely shut down (as in, no production or shipping) and the others are running on a skeleton crew of people, trying to squeak by their state’s specific lockdown policies.

5. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    There really isn't a local option for bass strings, unless you want D'addrrio rounds, The only GHS product available is fast fret

FretNation seem to deliver here, but they might not have the string

Previously I got my precision flats and tapes from Thomann, but they don't sell the High C, or pressurewounds, which I'm also after.

6. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Thanks Jon, this is kinda why I'm seeking alternative option, in case Fretnation aren't getting back to me due to the C Bug.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  7. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Fretnation have a hig C in pressure wound. I have a Sier 5 string P7 in the en route, which I wanted the P to have Flats, then take the flats off my Squire Jazz 4 string and give it Pressure wounds.

gebass6 likes this.
  8. DavieFiveothree

DavieFiveothree

Feb 27, 2020
    Please let us know when you hear from them and what solution was offered. I was looking at a bass from them and have been getting replies to the emails I sent.

9. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Musicians Friend; great pricing

10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Ebay

Thumpin6string and HG1180 like this.
  11. trothwell

trothwell

Apr 9, 2008
    I mainly buy from Fretnation, Sweetwater, Amazon, and direct from GHS.

I mostly use GHS and Rotosound strings.

(I just placed an order with GHS a couple of days ago; I think they are still shipping, even if slowly? Not sure, but I'm in no hurry.)

12. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    I think Fretnantion should be able to get it, if they don't have it. And they deliver to Vietnam. but if they don't have it, it may be difficult to get from GHS at the moment.

Otherwise I may have to go for DAddarrio crhomes. They don't sell a high string for Slinky's so that's off the table

13. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Thanks
    Not to Vietnam, and no singles.

I was going to edit the opening post to list all the suggestions, but this forum doesn't allow edits after while

14. DavieFiveothree

DavieFiveothree

Feb 27, 2020
    I just got a reply to my last email sent to them.

15. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Sweetwater, no flats, pressurwound or sinlges.

16. Thumpin6string

Thumpin6string Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    I buy then wherever they are the cheapest. My latest set of brand new D'addario EXLs for my 6 were off of Fleabay for $20 to my door.:thumbsup:

17. La Faro

La Faro

Jun 20, 2016
    Da Nang, Viet Nam
    Fretnat got back to me, and updated their site. Order 2 packs of stings and a single, burgundy strap which my be a good match for the new puckguard

Just over 2 million, including delivery. Pretty happy with that

18. BassPilot

BassPilot Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Novato, CA
    I've bought all my strings from juststrings.com for the last few years. Fast shipping (not sure about that right now), good selection and pricing. Try emailing to this address:

csrv@juststrings.com

Folmeister likes this.
  19. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Yo, dude! I don't want my supplier getting caught and maybe arrested.............

20. bolophonic

bolophonic Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I buy my strings out of the TB classifieds.

BEADG63 and mikewalker like this.