NBD (New Bass... Disappeared?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGeekJack, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Truly one of the great videos ever. Although I would put FedEx in the 2nd caricature, and UPS in that last spot ;-)

BassGeekJack and postalflunkie like this.
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin Estimator Extraordinaire Supporting Member

May 13, 2015
    Greenville, NC
    I don't know what is going on within the USPS but someone has got to get that service under control. Packages are getting lost and then found. Letters are taking months to be delivered. I ordered a part for my wife's Subaru from a Subaru dealer in Connecticut. USPS was supposed to be the shipper. USPS said that the only thing that occurred was the dealer created a shipping label. I contacted the dealer after a week to see when they would actually be shipping the part and the dealer said USPS picked it up the same day the shipping label was created. The dealer checked into it with the USPS and the USPS had no answers. Fortunately, the dealer sent me another part ($300 part) via UPS and it showed up 2 days later. I talked to the dealer on the phone and promised to send the other one back if it ever showed up.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  3. After reading through this thread, it seems that carriers are running late so I hope it shows up, better late than never.

BassGeekJack and MynameisMe like this.
  4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Central Valley
    i ordered something off reverb and it still says label created....the seller says it has been in USPS possession since March 4....it's the 12th and still says Label created...

My band ordered some T-shirts and it literally took 30 days for USPS to move them 240 miles (they did in fact show up)...and if i track them today the box still says in transit...this was 6 months ago...

BassGeekJack likes this.
  5. 3bc

3bc Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Chicago Burbs
    Got to be one happy UPS driver...

BassGeekJack likes this.
  6. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    USPS has been awful since early December. I have several experiences both shipping and receiving items where it took 3-4 weeks. I even had something sent to me by my mom who lives a few miles away...it was returned back to her as "undeliverable as addressed" 3 weeks later. My name and address was correct on the label.

I'm sure it will turn up OP. Did you file the online missing mail form?

BassGeekJack likes this.
  7. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 vaxx! Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2006
    North AMERICA, USA
    There must be some kind of manager or regional type manager that you can demand to speak with. Convey to them that you're extremely upset (without using profanity). Show up in person maybe at the distribution center. Hope it works out for you.

BassGeekJack and Reedt2000 like this.
  8. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    My understanding of irretrievably lost is it got scanned into or out of a facility and never got scanned at it’s next destination. It’s really hard to steal mail in a processing facility so it could be on the wrong truck or laying on the floor someplace waiting for someone to get tired of stepping over it, but i would go ahead and start a claim just in case.
    like others have already said, i’ve had smaller priority mail items go missing and show up a week or two later but start a claim as soon as you can.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  9. backin82

backin82 Jack of a Few Trades Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Same exact thing for me over the last 3 months or so. It's insane right now. I'm currently waiting for a small part for a truck lift kit, and the mfr. just sent me a notification that the part is like a month out from arriving from the factory. Packages disappearing, going into "limbo" for a week+ at a time, random packages arriving unannounced. It's bonkers. Definitely waited over 2 weeks for something that should have taken 3 days recently.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  10. I did see a UPS driver parked alongside a road once. He was passing stuff out of his truck to a woman (maybe girlfriend) and she was putting the stuff in her car. No building or address could be associated with that location. Never seen that before. Gave me a funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. I wanted to stop but my wife didn't want me to get involved.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    BassGeekJack likes this.
  11. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    Probably should contact the Assistant Regional Manager. I heard he was recently promoted to the position.

12. fat_nermil

fat_nermil Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    I’ve run into the same frustration lately. If it’s stuck in Ashland it will probably show up about a week late with 0 tracking info.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  13. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

Don't give up yet, it may still turn up. I once shipped a bass from Denver to San Fran. The buyer wanted it sent to his downtown office. I was reluctant to ship anywhere other than an actual residence address, but okay fine whatever. When it didn't arrive, I contacted the USPS supervisor at that San Francisco hub. She searched the facility and found it tucked away in a dark corner by the loading area. Turns out the mail carrier decided the package was too heavy to deliver, so she just quietly hid it back there. Took a couple weeks, but it finally got delivered. That was 15 years ago. I can only imagine how screwed up things are these days with all the lockdown nonsense.

I've had a lotta mishaps with USPS. Fedex and UPS may not be perfect, but when it comes to large packages they're light years ahead of USPS. Good luck.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  14. iwearpumas

iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I never use USPS to ship valuables. I always spend the extra money and go UPS or FedEx. Even if I'm ordering, I'd pay the extra money for UPS or FedEx.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  15. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    I have had two recent deliveries through USPS.
    One item got from Florida to me in 4 days. The other got to me from California in a day and a half. First was standard shipping on a used pickguard from a TBer, the second was Priority Mail on some insanely expensive pickups.

USPS seems okay to me, generally, but there are reportedly some regional issues that I was apparently lucky to avoid.

I would imagine the OPs package is parked in a DC somewhere, and will turn up at a completely unlikely time, like months from now... or, tomorrow. ;)

BassGeekJack likes this.
  16. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Yeah I've seen some long wait times with recent purchases that were sent out USPS. Stay on top of it but give it a little time.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  17. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    yes it did:woot:
    Let me know how it goes

BassGeekJack and Peteyboy like this.
  18. Peteyboy

Peteyboy

Apr 2, 2018
    Los Angeles
    I can't wait to put those in!

19. :roflmao: Love it.

postalflunkie likes this.
  20. I used a Help Request form. Supposedly they received that, investigated for a day, and determined that the package is "irretrievably lost." Apparently the Missing Mail form is a different thing for some reason, but I went ahead and filled that out too. Thanks!

Bleecker and porterbass like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021