NBD (New Bass... Disappeared?)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGeekJack, Mar 11, 2021.

1. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    That's always worked for me with USPS. Multiple times for other items. I've not had an instrument lost through USPS, only UPS several times.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  2. backin82

backin82 Jack of a Few Trades Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Yeah, this isn't carrier-specific. I've had delays with all of them recently. It's a simple matter of ultra high demand across the board. All carriers are struggling to keep up.

Most recent one was with FedEx, actually. And I paid a little extra for the shipping to get it quicker. None of that matters if they're handling too much volume or have too few workers.

3. BobKos

BobKos Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Wondering what the government has to do with the shipping business? I'm thinking nothing..

DJ Bebop likes this.
  4. Any news yet?

DJ Bebop likes this.
  5. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    CT
    *cough*Louis Dejoy*cough*

6. tenor (12).gif

Halabja likes this.
  7. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    CT
  8. Sucks that you didn’t get the bass, this is one of my fears that keeps me from ordering a custom bass from builders that are are so backed up it can take up to 2 years to get it. Would really suck to wait two years and then the bass get lost in transit. But at least there’s a good chance because you didn’t get the bass that you’ll be able to get your money back.

9. electricGstring

electricGstring Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Atlanta Ga
    It’s awful here in Atlanta... stuff gets here and just sits in the terminal for weeks at a stretch. What’s really aggravating is that there are a few terminals here and packages keep getting batted back & forth between them like some pachinko machine until eventually they show up... hopefully that’ll be the case with you too.

10. chemical360

chemical360

Mar 11, 2021
    It seems this is becoming very common. Same type of thing just happened to me, luckily not with my new bass but another high end item. Shipping label was created, nothing for two weeks, called the seller and got "UPS lost it, file a claim." There appears to be something larger going on with UPS than just randomly losing packages here and there.

11. electricGstring

electricGstring Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Atlanta Ga
    UPS and FedEx have been fine for me, but the USPS??? They’ve gone right down the pooper... thanks to Louis DeJoy, as others have mentioned.

MG Wolf likes this.
  12. chemical360

chemical360

Mar 11, 2021
    This is why I decided last week to suck up sitting in traffic and drive the hour and a half to just get my bass in hand. I wasn't prepared to deal with these people and have it show up broken.

I am also super impatient. :)

MG Wolf and electricGstring like this.
  13. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    CT
    Who needs a functioning delivery service when we could instead dismantle sorting machines to sabotage mail in election ballots?!

That trash bag needs to lose his job, was a conflict of interest (not surprising) for him to even end up as head of the USPS.

hopefully it get fixed soon, some of you across the states are suffering worse than others (depending on state). It hasn’t been too bad up here in New England.

StoicStrayCat and chemical360 like this.
  14. UPDATE: IT'S HERE! It took 2 and a half weeks but it's here! Not that long a wait in the grand scheme of things, but still 3x longer than I was promised. The box had apparent tears/holes in several places, but luckily the bass is perfectly fine and even the case is fine. Without further ado, here is the MTD 535 w/ Walnut top and Ash body + neck in all its glory:
    PXL_20210317_165758138.jpg
    PXL_20210317_165822328.jpg PXL_20210317_165915336.jpg PXL_20210317_165840163.jpg PXL_20210317_165847950.jpg PXL_20210317_165951789.jpg PXL_20210317_165942284.jpg PXL_20210317_165732143.jpg

Mrmatt1972, Tbone76, ShawnG and 16 others like this.
  15. Cave Puppy

Cave Puppy "Humph Bo, he's wond!" - John Lennon

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    I have begun the best practice of sending my fedex sent stuff to one of their ship centers. Hassle free.

BassGeekJack and DJ Bebop like this.
  16. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    CT
    So much tasty wood grain on one bass! :thumbsup:

BassGeekJack likes this.
  17. chemical360

chemical360

Mar 11, 2021
    Congrats! That looks so nice. I am very happy for you that it finally arrived AND is seemingly undamaged.

BassGeekJack likes this.
  18. So glad it showed up - nice looking bass!

BassGeekJack likes this.
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021