1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NBD: Ruby red Peavey Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by StuartV, Oct 21, 2010.

1. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Happy birthday to me! :hyper:

This eBay steal just arrived:

IMG00001-20101021-1359.
    IMG00003-20101021-1400.
    IMG00004-20101021-1401.

The specs claim the fingerboard is Pau Ferro, but it is the lightest colored PF I've ever seen. Way lighter than my Cirrus 5 or any of my other Peaveys. It totally cures any desire I might have had to replace the bass with one with a maple board at some point.

Can't wait to get it home and try it out! I'll probably be ordering a Millennium preamp and some gold knobs tomorrow. :D

2. gorgeous!

3. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    I would kill to have that in a 5-string!

Congrats on the awesome bass!

4. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Hey ShemueTacos, they did make 'em in the exact same color on a 5-string. There is one on eBay right now with a BIN of $1,279.99. If I like this one enough, I might have to buy the 5'er myself, if it's still there, and sell my natural maple Cirrus 5.

5. ShenmueTacos

ShenmueTacos

May 22, 2009
    Virginia
    Yeah I saw that on eBay earlier today actually...I just don't have $1,279.99!!!

I do want to get a Cirrus 5 within the next year, and I'm wanting to get it in Ruby Red with a maple fretboard.

6. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Aug 5, 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona 85029
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I was eyeing this bass. Hope you like it.

7. SLBasshead

SLBasshead

Sep 24, 2006
    Northwest NJ
    Sweet color! Congrats...

8. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I think I'm gonna like it! I was afraid the neck would feel totally different than my Cirrus 5 neck (which is my favorite neck). The necks on other basses I have where I have (or had) the 4 and 5-string versions of the same thing, the necks feel totally different. G&L L-2000 and L-2500 necks feel very different. Peavey G-Bass and G-V feel totally different.

But, just playing with this 6 in my office, the neck feels very much like the neck on my Cirrus 5. Just a little bit wider. If it still feels so similar when I get it home and try them back-to-back, I may just have to sell the 5, keep the 6, and call it good.

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

certainly looks maple from here.. is it an unfinished surface.

report back.. looks like a cool bass.

Tim

10. If this bass is the one I think it is (from the Bass Place) they listed it as maple at one point. They had at least 3 of them at one point. I am glad it went to a good home. I was tempted to buy it, but I really don't need another bass.

11. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Congrats on that Cirrus! :bassist:

12. Same here!! 1 of my 2 favorite colors!! The ruby red you have,and Peacock Blue. Both with a maple 'board,of course!!

13. Definitely not Pau Ferro. If you were secretly deep down wishing for a Maple board, it's an early Christmas for you :). Beautiful basses, enjoy!

14. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Sweet bass. definately maple board like my cirrus 5. I played one like it with a pau ferro board at a local store but the neck and string spacing just felt clumsy for me. But I'm just used to my 5ers. I like the maple board on that color bass too.
    Congrats and enjoy!

15. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Lovely red finish & very nice bass. Happy Birthday to you.

16. MKoby

MKoby

Jul 14, 2004
    MD/Metro DC
    That color of your bass rules!
    Enjoy it for many years.

17. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Purty... :cool:

MM

18. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Cooler flame than many Cirri

19. rbolanos

rbolanos

Apr 13, 2006
    Ontario,Canada
    amazing bass man!
    I am considering in getting one myself, but have not been able to get a straight asnwer about string spacing.
    any chance you could measure the string spacing and let us know.
    thanks!

20. modrodz

modrodz

Oct 28, 2010
    Calumet City IL.
    congrats on ya new cirrus hope you enjoy with many yrs to come...:bassist:
    cirrus.