1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NCAA Week 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr Stankface, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Hope the NFL thread guys don't mind me stealing the concept...

Auburn - 34
    Miss. State - 6

Georgia - 41
    South Carolina - 10

Alabama - 28
    W. Kentucky - 7

LSU - 48
    North Texas - 3

WAR EAGLE!!

2. Yeah...uh...LSU vs. NTSU???

...sigh...guess I'll do yardwork on Saturday...

Now, the NEXT weekend...

...you're goin' DOWN War Eagle...er....Tiger...uh...whatever the heck you guys call yourselves in Auburn...

;)

3. Shall we do another bet!? ;)

4. Heee heeee hee...yes!

:hyper:

...not that I'm as certain about the outcome of this one (the Falcons/Bucs is an EASY pick though)...however, I bleed purple & gold on Saturdays (and exchange the purple for black on Sunday), and I will take that bet, same as the NFL one!

:D

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Actually, you're a week early on one game. UF has this week off, while the Vols play UAB. Their game is on the 20th.

6. A gentleman's wager it is! :)

7. Ah! Thanks for the correction. :)

8. Anyone else care to lay a wager?

9. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    USC 44
    Ohio State 14

10. Hmmm... I'm predicting a bit closer than that but not much. They'll both be on top of their game. I'll say 35 - 21 USC.

11. X Wolf

X Wolf Guest

I'm a long time UCLA fan so....In addition to hoping we can get past BYU I'm rooting for Ohio State to beat the University of Spoiled Children.

Go Bruins!

George

12. Is it possible for BOTH to lose? :confused:

...if so, that's the outcome I'd prefer in that game...

:smug:

Gotta say, I liked what I saw against Tennessee last weekend, very impressive.

13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I think you'll enjoy Pat Forde's first line from his column on this game, Gard:

"It's a wonderful thing when two lavishly talented programs with abundantly rich traditions from proudly established conferences meet in an endlessly hyped game played before two massively smug fan bases."

:D

14. Perfect.

:)

15. +1

This is the only game you can hear about on ESPN and it's really a bit redundant. Overrated State University vs. University of Spoiled Children battling it out in what should be a relatively uneventful game.

I'm glad Auburn is playing late too. If they were playing early, there might not be any good football to watch that night. :p

16. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Oh, it'll be good football.

Speaking of smug, has Pat Forde been exposed to the fanboy love here on TB?

17. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    So Peter McFerrin will make up the content of the entire stadium? :confused:

18. You know, there IS football outside of the SEC.

19. Well, i'm obviously an SEC fan. So why don't you chime with your thoughts outside the SEC?

Honestly, i'm not concerned much about football outside the SEC. When the competition is as rough as it is in our conference, it's hard to think outside of it.

20. Just wait til the bowl games.