1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need a simpler way to practice quietly

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassistFreak416, Oct 23, 2009.

1. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    The other part of that is, if the built-in mp3 player craps out, you're screwed...

- georgestrings

2. About the static, I do notice that if I plug my laptop's headphone out into my practice amp's line in, I get a static buzz when my laptop's connected to the power adapter, the buzz is there even if I OFF the power, I have to physically disconnect the laptop from the power adapter, but it doesn't happen all the time, I am guessing something to do with the power supply to my house.

Having two types of headphones at same time sucks.

3. coastie72

coastie72

Apr 6, 2009
    Columbia SC
    Tascam bass trainer has been the best $150.00 bucks I have spent in a long time! It is a great gizmo no doubt!

4. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    +1.

5. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    +1000

These things are so clean and have so much headroom its not funny.

I use mine everyday.

6. EBS Microbass II - headphone out, fx send and return for ipod input with mix amount and 2 separate or combined channels with eq and can run off of battery, phantom or wall adapter

7. craigb43

craigb43

Nov 20, 2007
    Oregon
    As said , Tascam bass trainer , I have used one for years , you can take it anywhere , its the best for quite practice hands down ,

8. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Yes.. a 4 channel recording behringer mixer can be found used for $20.. you can easily blend stuff for practice.

9. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

NOTE.. the AC-20 works for bass.. save $10

10. Seriously go with the Tascam.

1. It's an MP3 player that looks like a Walkman - 200 song max I believe.
    2. I live in the UK - just charge it via USB port to your Computer
    3. Download then convert to MP3 and load 'em up.
    4. Built in Tuner
    5. Built in metronome

I throw it into my Bass Case and I'm practicing at Starbucks or wherever. As someone said earlier, best investment I've made...besides my Jag...or my Markbass...or...:hyper:

11. I see that the Tascam has a "drop bass" function, but can it do the opposite - i.e. "isolate bass" to drop out the rest of the band?

12. ebs microbass would be awesome, but the cost is rather high, though i do hear tons of good reviews on it.