Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need free/cheap software to do this....

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Jan 26, 2006.

1. For the life of me I cant find something easy to use, and cheap, that I can toss in a drum loop, loop it, play a few chords on top of that loop and loop that, then be able to record me playing along with it afterwards... I was messing with FruityLoops but its WAY too complicated for what I want to do.

Any help?

2. Tried it but I cant layer loops.. Say I load in a drum loop on the first track.. I cant have that repeat while I play on top of it.. I have to paste that loop on to the end of it over and over again..

If that makes any sense..

3. ToR-Tu-Ra

ToR-Tu-Ra

Oct 15, 2005
    Mexico City
    I need some like that too. My teacher's got this cool device that's abouth the size of an effects pedal and can lay down great grooves, you can add instruments like guitar, keys, horns, etc and play over some changes you program or the presets. I'm sure it's pretty expensive, tho :bawl:

Let me know if you find anything

4. idoru

idoru

Dec 18, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Download the freeware version of Acid. You can't export a finished composition more than 20 times, but you can use Audacity or other software to capture the audio as it's played.