Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Need help with my mini studio

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by storm10, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Hi, im looking for a rather inexpensive setup($100-200) that i can use to record 2 channels (needs to have atleast 2 mic inputs and one 1/4" input). Ill be using a sony vaio computer with 512 ram and a sb live soundcard. Most of the stuff i plan on buying is from ebay. Right now im looking at the m-audio moblie pre usb but are there any other options? Could i just buy a mixer and then have audio outs to my soundcard and does my sound card have the right inputs? As for software i think ill just use audacity and then magix audio cleaning lab. I also need a cheap mic for recording an upright. I would appreiciate any suggestions. Please dont say "just use the search button" i am doing that.

Thanks
    Jared

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Forget the SB card, just get a dedicated USB recording interface like the M-Audio or the Tascam 122. Tascam has some advantages: it is also a MIDI interface (in case you expand into using MIDI) and comes with both recording and sequencing software...it's ready to go out of the box and only $200 everywhere brand new.