1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Need some suggestions on pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by starvingbassist, Mar 21, 2009.

1. To give some idea to what I need it for, my band plays metal but occasionally there is some clean parts where the guitars kick off distortion and use delay and junk. this is my main time to shine usually but I dial in a good responsive and aggressive tone for the faster parts but during the clean i need a smoother warmer tone because tappingand little sutleties in my playing are lost in the mix.

I am looking for a quality stomp pedal that boosts volume and richness. any help would be greatly appreciated since I have never owned a pedal short of a tuner so I am extremely green. something in a rack would actually be better as long as it was foot switchable and there isn't really a specific price range. I am not in the $ but I like to get things right the first time, and i save for everything worthy enough for my cash

thanks in advance

2. excane

excane Banned

Aug 23, 2005
    New York, NY
    I would do a search for a good overdrive, PLENTY of info to be found.

A Fulltone Bassdrive sounds like it would be what you're looking for....fatten up the sound with some tube-like warmth, clean boost if you like, or really saturated overdrive.

3. Hey Dude! To your question...the fulltone bassdrive is by far the best. Instead of most pedals that compress the hell out of the frequencies it cannot distort, it simply distorts the one it can. A bit pricey but by far the best bet.

4. sweet I will check it out . probably hard to find for a test run , but thanks for the idea guys :bassist:

5. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Rackmountable/Footswitchable....Sansamp RPM

A little pricey though. For a pedal that you may compare and contrast to the Fulltone Bassdrive....you might checkout a Sansamp Bass Driver DI or one of it's offspring. Can double as a great DI for the FOH guys. I had the Bass Driver DI programmable. Has three channels that you can dial in a good clean tone a boost tone and a good grit tone or any combination there of. I loved that pedal and may find myself in possession of one again in the future.

The Sansamp VT Bass also gets a lot of love in these forums because of it's mid capabilities. I've never determined if it has a DI on it. Might be something else you want to check out.

EDIT: I have no experience with the Fulltone; but just wanted to throw these out there.