1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vpcatcher3127, May 23, 2007.

1. vpcatcher3127

vpcatcher3127

May 23, 2007
    Hey, I play in a band that likes to play a lot of Classic Rock to some New Stuff. My biggest Influences are Flea and Duff, and I am looking to buy an amp loud enough so I can use it in some gigs, but I dont want to spend too much money on it. I've heard good things about Gallien Krueger and am leaning towards the backline 600 with a 4x10 backline cab, so if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

2. The bassist in the otherfunk/rock band that my band shares a room with has a GK 4x10 (with adjustable tweeter) and a GK rackmounted head (which might very well be a 600 series) and I have used it when I have had problems with my rig and it seems like a solid performer and doesn't weigh a lot. Hovever, it seems to sound better when using the sansamp DI (this may be my fault and the head may need to be properly EQed for my bass setup).
    Not as cool looking or warm sounding as a tube head and huge cabs, but more than solid enough with good clarity/definition for any rock gigs in medium size venues! Hope this helps.

Plus, Flea even uses GK stuff!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021