New Fender Rumble Stage 800?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Vinnie Boombatz, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    And here we are! Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

2. So, I inadvertently discovered something. I own the stage 800 and the GT40. Both use a lot of the same amp models, but there are several models and effects that are exclusive to the GT series. I wanted to as closely replicate a GT preset on my rumble. I Googled "fender GT barracuda preset" while connected to my rumble vie the tone app. It allowed me to import it. It's kind of a back door method of importing the various models and effects that otherwise aren't available to the rumble. I'd assume it works the same for importing to the GT.

Have fun, especially since Fender hasn't provided any firmware updates in going on 2 years.

drnct and Nevada Pete like this.
  3. Forgive me if everyone has discovered importing GT presets to the Rumble Stage/studio already. But this is pretty exciting to me since I play guitar through mine also.

I'll try to detail the method I've used a bit more clearly since just browsing the tone preset website doesn't show (for me anyhow) a link to try or download presets. I have to Google search something like 'johnny marr' or 'deluxe reverb". When you click the search results, it gives me an option to open in browser or Tone app. From there, it gives me the option to try or download the individual preset.

You'll need the Tone app open and connected to the Rumble Stage/studio.

The coolest thing I've noticed so far is that on whatever GT preset you've downloaded, when you go into cabinet simulation, you can select from any of the GT modelled cabinets. You're limited though to whatever effects are loaded into that specific preset. I would assume if you also own a mustang GT, that you could upload a preset packed with whatever GT exclusive effects you want and follow the same procedure to import them to your rumble if you so desired.

Hope this is interesting to y'all as it is to me.

4. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Fantastic, Dookie! I don't believe this is common knowledge in the Rumble Stage & Studio community.

Would you be so kind as to please replicate your discovery into the Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800 sub-thread of the Rumble Club? I would expect it to cause a sensation there. :thumbsup:

5. It would be absolutely awesome if it worked on those too. I'll post over there and see if we can get some confirmation.

Here's a couple photos to show GT presets on my Rumble.

Attached Files:

6. Sadly, it doesn't look that the LTs come with Bluetooth capability since it's a paired down version the rumble/gt. I'm not sure what, if anything can be uploaded to them via USB other than firmware updates. I would assume that someone so inclined with more computer knowledge than I could reverse engineer an LT. Kind of a.. do it at your own risk type thing.

7. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Yes, I admit the Rumble LT25 gets less discussion, since it has fewer functions than the Stage & Studio. But, since the Stage & Studio have identical firmware they can each do whatever the other can.

There is also discussion there of the new firmware update coming this month.

PS: Did you see the link about the "Nasally Dookie" tone that Devon Bustard created on his Stage 800?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  8. A firmware update for which? I'm unimpressed with the lack of updates for the GT/Rumble so far. It feels like they abandoned it for the Tone Masters. I hope they release a patch that fixes a couple issues I've sporadically been dealing with. My direct Aux audio is notably quieter than Bluetooth aux, even with changing the aux volume settings. Sometimes Bluetooth audio won't play when connected, IF it connects. Other times all instrument and aux audio cuts in and out... I've tried every trouble shooting method possible including factory reset.. different phones, cables.

I'd like to see some more effects and different amp models in an update.

9. I just saw your p.s. and searched the thread. I may have to try it. Speaking of nasal tones, as a fellow Jag bass player.. with flats and my current action and neck pick up off, maybe a little active bass boost, I can get some pretty slick sounds. Especially on the '59 bassman presets or the Jaco preset.

Semi-unrelated, but while I'm posting I'll just say that after close to two years of using this amp I find that I gravitate towards the '59 bassman for classic rock and the KGB seems to be my go-to for most other genres. I'm curious to see what other folks use most often since we've had time to play with our amps.

10. ricardol

ricardol

Dec 10, 2016
    My favourite amp models are the Super Bassman Vintage Channel, Super Bassman OD and Bassman TV.

I tend to avoid the thin sounding guitar amps like ‘59 Bassman and the Dual Showman.

All the presets are levelled to the same volume so that I’m not induced to prefer the louder ones.

I try to keep some rules on the presets location within the list so that I can easily remember the impact of pressing a footswitch button.

The four-button MGT-4 footswitch has three presets on each bank. The first preset is always assigned with a clean version of an amp model.

Preset’s position 3 within its bank is an overdrived version of the same amp such as the Basic 300 Pro Dirt.

As for the preset-specific effects, FX1 of the signal chain is always a bypassed PRE-FX overdrive pedal like the Modern Bass Overdrive (inspired by the Tech 21 SansAmp Bass Driver).

Fx2 can be any other effect pedal like a chorus.

Fx3 is always a bypassed POST-FX bass equalizer adjusted with mids boost to anticipate a gig/ rehearsal with higher volume (I always make a Backup of the presets list before a gig so that I can restore it after the gig).

Dookieshoes, G-Dog and dch0719 like this.
  11. marsbel

marsbel

Jun 21, 2006
    Belgium
    I can confirm that this works on the Rumble Studio 40.
    Thanks Dookieshoes!

G-Dog likes this.

12. Awesome! I'll check and see if it works backwards from the Rumble to the Mustang. I don't see why not. It's probably less likely that many people will want bass presets on a guitar amp but, it could be useful for experimenting. My GT40 doesn't sound like a paper bag when I play bass through it.. mostly bass VI.

If Fender decides to leave the Rumble out of the GTX/Tone 3.0 update.. maybe we can at least still sneak some of the new effects and amp models. For now, I'm curious to see if there's a way to access stock GT presets/amp models/effects. Mostly what I'm finding at the moment is user made presets. Every one I've tried sounds like a legit guitar amp (not muddied or anything)... I suppose because it's essentially the same amp except for the speakers.

Thanks for the confirmation with the 40 Marsbel. I'll keep y'all posted if I discover anything else of interest along the way.

13. gingerbreadman

gingerbreadman

Jun 11, 2018
    I don’t understand the “Google search” part. I am using an iPhone, safari browser, Tone app (open & connected to internet), studio 40 is on & connected to Fender Tone. So I tried this:
    * open Safari
    * open google.com
    * enter “Johnny marr”, get more hits than # atoms in universe

any suggestions? I really want to try this!

(I have a Mustang I guitar amp, and I dislike the user interface, and Fender stopped supporting the Fuse program before I even bought the amp new!)

14. Im not at home at the moment, and the last screen shot didn't show the preset details since my amp isn't connected.

I suggest if you didn't whilst searching. Add the words "fender mustang GT tone preset" then whatever ballpark preset name you can think of.

Especially since I haven't tried tone on any Apple product, I'm not sure what all varies. But, I left the default app that opens these links to ask each time for now.

Photo of a typical search, I clicked the top link. From there you should be able to chose to open the link with the Tone app and finally, try or download the GT preset to your Rumble. If you or anyone else gets it to work on iPhone or ipad write back and please confirm.

Attached Files:

Cowboy0071 likes this.
  15. | Fender Tone Community Presets

There's a direct link to a Johnny Marr GT preset.

| Fender Tone Community Presets

This is a bare bones preset of an amp model on the GT. I'm not sure what its real world counterpart is.

On either preset in the tone app you'll be able to experiment with other cabinets only available to the GT.

Cowboy0071 likes this.
  16. gingerbreadman

gingerbreadman

Jun 11, 2018
    It does work on iPhone. Thanks for your advice.
    • I opened Safari Browser
    • Went to google.com
    • Entered search term “fender mustang GT tone preset surf”
    • First result was | Fender Tone Community Presets
    • I held my finger on the link, context menu popped up
    • Selected “Open in ‘Fender Tone’” menu item
    • iOS opened Fender Tone, opened “60’s Surf” preset
    upload_2020-2-21_16-3-28.png

I haven’t tried it on the Studio 40 yet, but I’m encouraged by getting this far.

17. Beautiful! I'm glad that iOS folks aren't left out. Once you click "try" or "download", it should open with the tone app on your Rumble. From there you can change the cab Sims.

18. Matei

Matei

Nov 18, 2019
    Dear ppl,

The info is great, I am curious if it still works. I managed to open the preset, but when I click on try it or on add it says Incompatible Device.
    The app is connected to the amp (Rumble 40 Studio), and I don't own a GT. Any workarounds?

Regards
    Matei

19. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Here's the Fender webpage that lists supported devices for the TONE APP.

It works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. And the Android Play Store says, "this app may not be optimized for your device" on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet, but it loads and works fine there, too. It's much easier to see and use on the 10" tablet!

Also, the Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800 sub-thread of the Fender Rumble Club is a very helpful community of Rumble Stage & Studio users.

20. It unfortunately no longer works. However from the tone app, if you search "shawnm" there's a few presets I made that use gt presets. I threw in some optional gt specific effects while I was able to.

Cowboy0071 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021