1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New GK 800 Legacy!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by johnson79, Jan 25, 2019.

1. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This just popped up on GK's Facebook page. Interested in learning more about it.
    50717537_10157492862119252_3658027331085139968_n.?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.

2. dannoman

dannoman

Feb 3, 2004
    Just saw this myself! very interested!!!!

BrentSimons and johnson79 like this.
  3. sprag

sprag

Sep 15, 2011
    Melb Australia
    MmMMMmm

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. glivanos

glivanos Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Philadelphia Area
    They are showing them at NAMM 2019. Check the pics thread in the Bass Guitar forum.

Spidey2112 and BrentSimons like this.
  5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Maybe an 800RB throwback? That would be interesting.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    TonyP-, johnson79, TomB and 3 others like this.
  6. Inara

Inara Fierce Fun Fretless Female Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2017
    Seattle, WA USA
    Colour me interested as well ... I haven't played GK in a while, but recently started using my old 700RB (series I) for practice, and I'm remembering how much I enjoy that amp. I've played through MB500s, and I owned an MB500 Fusion for a bit, but haven't enjoyed them to the same degree. I've used 800RB heads when they've been backlined where I've played, and dig them as well. If the "Legacy" name on this means it's a throwback, tone-wise and "feel-wise" (can't really pin what I mean down in words), to the 800RB or other RB heads, I'm intrigued ...

petrus61, TonyP-, jeff7bass and 2 others like this.
  7. bwanabass

bwanabass

Jul 18, 2010
    Oh man... selling my 800RB was and is one of the great regrets of my musical life. If this is a throwback in terms of sound in a lightweight, more powerful form, I am all in.

Inara, BrentSimons and steelbed45 like this.
  8. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    Why is the Bass on the left and the Treble on the right???

Have they capitulated? :(

zon5string, murphy, petrus61 and 4 others like this.
  9. blmeier7

blmeier7

May 7, 2006
    Amarillo, TX
    As a big GK fan I’m definitely interested. But given GKs past track record on new releases this amp still won’t be on the market next year at this time.

10. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    Apparently! ...can probably adjust :)

BrentSimons and ctmullins like this.
  11. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

BrentSimons likes this.
  12. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I have GAS now for GK.

BrentSimons likes this.
  13. Has that industrial, commercial, 'no lipstick and gingerbread' look. Pro.

petrus61 and jeff7bass like this.
  14. So the single boost knob has been replaced with its own volume control - a two knob solution - nice!

The reversed order of the standard GK preamp I think will be a 'typo' . My prediction anyways, since RAG has spoken so passionately about that for so many years.

BrentSimons likes this.
  15. Ohhhhhh I hope it has that dry angry sound!

Mvilmany, wave rider and BrentSimons like this.
  16. The backwards layout EQ tradition on GK should have died before it became established.

Keyboards have been bass at the left ever since ever as far as I know. Nobody ever came along and said ''here's your backwards keyboard, like it or buy something else'' did they?

About the only other thing GK really messed up was the powered cabs only working with GK combos. They might have sold boatloads of powered bass monitors.

Otherwise pretty impressive.

Mvilmany, Inara, Jim Carr and 3 others like this.
  17. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I am excite!

TonyP- and Spidey2112 like this.
  18. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    The other obvious layout error is putting the "Drive" knob above the "Overdrive" toggle switch. They should be inverted, you know, so that the "Overdrive" is over...

19. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    I did a little off the cuff break down...

20. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    @TonyP, Have you had the chance to find out whether the overdrive/edge/etc combination of functions on this amp provide a foot-switchable boost (with adjustable dirt) sort of like traditional GK boost channels of the RB and MB series? I'd sure like to see a picture of the back some time.