1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Guyatone Micro Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 343 Salty Beans, Aug 17, 2007.

1. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I picked this up off an HC thread:

Oops. Here's the link.

That new octave pedal looks quite neat :) anyone have problems with the Guyatone buffered bypass?

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    Your link wasn't showing up for me. I think maybe it's a formatting problem.

Let's see: New Guyatone Micros

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Plastic jacks?

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I'm not seeing how buffered bypass has anything to do with these pedals... they all specifically state "true bypass". :meh:

The Micro Octave does seem interesting, but I don't think two octaves down will be very useful on bass. The Sonic Shaper seems interesting, too - it sounds like it's going to be a competitor of BBE pedals like the Sonic Stomp.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    wouldn't mind trying the micro octave. nice true bypass. but there is also the micro pog coming... hmmm

6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I have two of their earlier, non-true-bypass micros, the BL2 and the SD2. Both of them have really good sound quality, and the worst possible construction quality. I would revile them as garbage except that they are fairly small and sound great.

7. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Geez! You people don't even let a guy look through the pedals himself! You ruined the surprise by pointing out the only pedal that's of significant note (octave) and the one that might possibly be somewhat cool (sonic shaper) and blah, there you go. Why should I even click the link.

Nah, it's cool. You guys are all right. ;)

Seriously, though, how many more gain pedals do we need? How many more "tubelike OD" pedals and "creamy fuzz" pedals and "make your combo sound like a stack" distortion pedals are going to fill pawnshops and landfills around the world before we decide that it's enough? I dont' mean to single out Guyatone here; who else has lost track of Boss' Super Distortion, Mega Distortion, Super Overdrive, Turbo Distortion, etc.?

Sorry, that was an off-topic rant. Octave pedal could be cool.

8. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    How did I miss that? First I don't post the link right....hmmm, maybe yesterday wasn't my day.

9. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    The Hot Drive looks like it could be a nice GT2 clone, im really interested! and the Octave sounds fanominal!!

10. wow, especially after that video i still have no idea what the sonic shaper does.

11. speak_onion

speak_onion

Jun 22, 2007
    Queens, NY