1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Jackson basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by x64, Jan 19, 2012.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm usually not a Jackson fan, but I like the 2nd to last model a lot and the Kellybird wasn't bad either.

2. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

Sep 15, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Was never a big fan of the Jackson body shapes, but really, a quartersawn neck and compound radius on a bass with a $500 msrp? Dang.

I would probably still go for the new Bello model as it's pretty dark and sexy imho.

3. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Frank Bello?

4. EDIT: Oops, misread your post the first time. The new Bello ESP looks nice but i would guess will be more expensive. Although there is an LTD version so who knows?
    The compound radius is nice and also available on the Classic Vibe priced (350ish $) JS series. It looks like the Ellefson sigs have a P-bass width neck, but if it's anything like the JS3 they're probably skinny front to back.

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    oh god what a sad thing when they charge that much extra for a stupid trussrod cover and a different preamp?

that is the same as a js3 and js3v..oh brother :rollno:

and STILL no frikken colors...how lame.:spit:
    when they make colors again I "might" think about it
    P1010165.

6. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Looks like nice upgrade from the JS3 for a fairly small increase in cost.

7. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    StreamImage.

Not to derail the Jackson thread, but that looks pretty killer! Why did he leave Fender? Bello's always been a Fender guy I thought?

8. anomynous

anomynous

Dec 27, 2009
    Metro St. Louis
  9. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    ya i guess 50 or so more to get the EMG premap isn't "that" bad of an increase.
    it is just the lack of colors that kills the deal for me.

10. That money also gets you alder over the indian cedro on the js3s and a quartersewn neck. As for more colourful stuff, did you see the Kellybird in the video? I wonder how it balances...

11. Seems like Jackson Basses are love um or leave um. I'm not a huge fan of their sound, but I do think they are well built basses

12. Yeah, the modern ones really aren't for those who don't like actives, but i like the jackson pickups in mine. Hifi, but they still have plenty of mids.

13. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    is a non 1/4sawn neck that terrible for "normal usage"?

and alder compared to cedro that much of a weight difference?

and remember all those teaser videos will not show you what you or I can buy cheap.

Ellefson will pimp his CS-3000 dollar bass all day to tease you, but he isn't jamming a 379.95 JS3V on stage either.

Mr Jackson -- you line up 5 colors besides boring black and stupid silver, and I'll be at your store tomorrow :)

14. I don't care about the wood difference personally, but quartersawn neck and alder body would generally be considered an upgrade from cedar and flatsawn maple. I realize the models pictured are obviously going to be the CS versions, but Mr Ellefson did mention an import Kellybird. Hopefully similar to the CS version!

I find it weird that the only X series basses are Ellefson sigs. I wouldnt mind a plain X series bass to compliment it.

15. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I can't remember who at the moment but one of the members threw a jackson neck on his epi tbird body...so cool since jackson cant make a tbird series again like the old days.

16. When I search 'new jackson basses' I get all these threads and info about David Ellefsons new basses and thats all well and cool but really Im after the NEW new jackson basses NAMM 2012: Dave Ellefson Talks New Jackson Basses - YouTube can anyone hook me up with information about these/when they'll be available in shops (mainly the UK where Im from)

17. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
  18. amimbari - What are the differances between the new Ellefson Jacksons verses my CMG? Not much? I put a Badass II bridge on my CMG.

19. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    maybe the alder body and not poplar? maybe the thickness of the paint..lol I really doubt there is too much else. made in India if that is any issue for some people.