1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New means NEW .... right?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheBlueFalcon, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield

Apr 10, 2019
    I think this is reasonable. As long as the instrument is undamaged, with all original packaging in place and with all accessories, I have no problem with it. That said, buying an instrument just to “try it out” (or for a special gig) is a dick move. It’s like buying clothing, wearing it to a special event, and then returning it.

mdogs, mikewalker, petch and 2 others like this.
  2. Mike Whitfield

Mike Whitfield

Apr 10, 2019
    I bought an open box Ibanez MiKro bass for 20% off and it’s gorgeous, only some scratches on the rear cover plate. Freakin’ sweet. I also bought a MiKro 6-string which wasn’t such a good deal - easy to see why it was returned, enough fret sprout to use it for a saw. (Although surprisingly a lot of that retracted after it acclimated. Go figure. Still, it’s 20% off.) I kept it because it was reasonably good for the discounted price, but I’ll have to level and dress the frets before I pass it on. (My fat stubby fingers don’t fit in those little fret spaces. I should have known this because I have several Peaveys which are the slightly longer Byrdland scale, but my MiKro bass is sooo sweet that I had to try the guitar version.) And I have a sweet Epi Hummingbird I got for a third off and it’s flawless. So it’s a crapshoot, but I agree they can be great bargains worth taking a risk.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Wisebass and Spidey2112 like this.
  3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    My hero! Lol!

Mike Whitfield likes this.
  4. Yeah, heard of that - needs somebody paying attention to see if you broke it. That's easy.
    (Only one question mark required - more than one usually means a scatterbrain or an a-hole.)