1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New mxr bass distortion!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Patchbass, Jan 22, 2015.

1. http://www.morleypedals.com/dpfw.html Your welcome

2. Patchbass

Patchbass

Mar 27, 2013
    England
    this is the first video I've found of the pedal

3. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Fuzz?

Unemploid likes this.
  4. vlsndgrdn

vlsndgrdn

Oct 21, 2013
    Chile
    not much ratish for a rat based pedal, moar demos!!!

5. It definitely has a different flavour to, say, a Blower Box or Rat Tail - good range of tones, and high and low gain both sound decent to me

Looks like I'll need to buy one, then

zapped777 likes this.
  6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Finally a video demonstration. it's kinda rough sounding for my taste, but still a great sounding pedal for those who wants a raunchy bass distortion.

7. Brian D

Brian D

Dec 2, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Sounds more like a fuzz to me. :unsure:

Marihino and Lethgar like this.
  8. zapped777

zapped777

Jul 6, 2011
    Do you hear the release date yet?

9. vlsndgrdn

vlsndgrdn

Oct 21, 2013
    Chile
    zapped777 likes this.
  10. zapped777

zapped777

Jul 6, 2011
    i like how he plays the Fuzzrocious theme but a little slower, heavier, and more DOOMY

11. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    They're expecting an April release date. There should be an update or two before it's released.

zapped777 likes this.
  12. vincent69

vincent69 Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    I understand it as separate volume controls for clean and wet signals, which is really handy IMO.
    To me the wet isn't a blend as it is described in the video.

13. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Hi guys! Pretty excited on this pedal :).
    From my understanding, MXR Bass Innovations does the separate dry (clean) and wet (dirty) signals so the user can fine tune more than having 1 knob that balances the two. Instead of a blend, think of them as separate volumes for the dry and wet signals. Each has a little more volume on tap too, which fixes the volume handling of simple 1 knob blends.
    This pedal is a homage to a popular distortion of yore with a similar tone pot. If you add in treble, mids, and bass control, it takes away from the "just plug in and play" mentality that MXR BI wants to provide users (this is my take on how I read their ethic, not quoted from them or anywhere...my personal take). Too many knobs gets confusing to the "mass market."
    It's pretty raunchy because it's a bass distortion, not an overdrive. The tonal variety b/w silicon and LED lends a leg up to people who want a more natural sound or a more compressed, warmer sound.
    I hope you guys at least check it out for yourselves when it hits stores. Worth a trip to local muzak shop :).

14. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You had me at "Hi guys!"

15. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Sounds like April release. I like this demo from NAMM. Shows a little more diversity.

16. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Connecticut
    This is on my want list, even if I don't have an immediate gig application for it...yet.
    For pedals that mix wet/dry signals, I am happy with either separate level controls or blending+master level-They are different approaches that can achieve the same result.
    Sounds good on the videos!

17. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    So, for those who have had a chance to try this, I'm looking for some insight. I'm looking for a distortion pedal with a warm tube type sound. But, here's the kicker, I like the idea of being able to control the clean and dirty tone. I want to use a very subtle distortion, from what I've heard on youtube, this unit may fit the bill... thoughts?

18. zapped777

zapped777

Jul 6, 2011
    Is it out yet? Lol

19. franvarin

franvarin

May 30, 2013
    Rhode Island
    No but I'm pretty certain MXR probably got this in the hands of some players prior to launch. Hoping one of them can provide some insight.