1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New PF500 & 115HE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by moff40, Oct 28, 2013.

1. moff40

moff40

Oct 18, 2013
    Vancouver Island BC Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses
    The rig I had been using up till recently was an SVT 3-Pro and an SVT410HLF, Sounded great but was awkward - too small for big-stage gigs and too big for little pubs. And it was awkward to move. The 410 required a lift into the back of my vehicle, where the new 810 is far easier - it's just tip-and-slide.

So in the midst of my search for an SVT head for the big rig, I also recently purchased a PF500 and 115HE for small stuff. I've only used it on a couple of gigs but it performed like a champ on both. I think I'm gonna like the little bugger. As a side note, on one of those gigs, I also used it as the amp for my acoustic 12-string guitar, and it was great for that too.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Dig. It's a killer little rig. Used to have two of those PF115he cabs I'd use with a PF350.

3. SuperK

SuperK

Sep 12, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    I use the exact same rig and love it. Will probably add a 2nd PF115HE soon. I've pushed the PF500 pretty hard and it performs every time. I would like to hear it with one of the PF115LF cabs though before I buy a second 115HE.