NEW Wren and Cuff Tri Pie '70 SOUNDCLIPS

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mark Olson, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    SoundClick artist: Psychedelic Bass Jams - page with MP3 music downloads

This is with my Marshall and Orange SP210, D'addario Chromes on my SG Bass (both pickups). I think this pedal sounds really good with flats too, and I really like it with the new pickup I've put in the neck position of my bass. What do you think? Also if anyone has any requests, I'll see what I can do.

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Killer! I so want one! (Even just listed my VT Deluxe and TAFM in hopes that I might land one.)

Nice Clip and Thanks!

3. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth Nothing to fret over. Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    The Tri Pie and tubes are a winning combination. Out of curiosity, did you get the clean blend added on?

4. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    No problem!

I didn't get the clean blend, but that's just because I prefer as few knobs on everything as possible. It's just a personal preference. I'll bet some cool sounds can be had with the blend, but I'm a full-on kind of guy. I also find that this pedal has plenty of thump when you get the fuzz up to 10 o'clock to noon. At noon the sound is a lot beefier than my clean tone.

5. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth Nothing to fret over. Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Oh, it's plenty beefy, that's for sure. I actually don't like the clean blend on its own (nothing new, I usually don't), but when the Tri Pie is slamming a tube amp, the clean blend acts more like a crossover, with the top end fuzzing up more than the low end, which is a cool and useful tool. Either way, it's a kick ass pedal. Always like your clips, too.

6. Great work as always Mark!!

Mine's due in the next day or 2, and also went without the clean blend option after corresponding with Matt and listening to the website samples which were done with the stock edition Tri Pie 70.

I m gonna put it head to head against my Musket V2 and see how it stacks!

7. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Thanks guys!

Let us know how the Tri Pie 70 stacks up. Should be interesting.

8. Flymo Wang

Flymo Wang

Jan 5, 2011
    Bristol, UK
    looooove my tri pie, definitely my fave fuzz to date... but very curious about how it'd stack up against the new tall font russian - in fact i keep checking into talkbass every couple of days waiting for someone to put up clips (**hint**)

:)

9. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    I'm tempted to order both and perhaps sell the one I like least...

10. DTrocks

DTrocks

Jan 27, 2008
    i heard both clips on the Wren & Cuff website, and I'm seriously in love with the crunch of the Tall Font, but felt the Tri Pie was not my piece of pie (hurhur).

I think i might just order a tall font after my Iron Ether Oxide arrives. One can never have too much fuzz.:hyper::hyper:

11. depalm

depalm

Apr 22, 2004
    São Paulo
    Nice clip! Thank you!

12. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    You're welcome!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021