1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Nov 6, 2006.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack takes it out on the Vikes

Pack 35
    MN 17

2. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    The way Minne's been playing lately, that doesn't seem very far-fetched... There have been some stupid games lately and it's really starting to piss me off.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Colts 41 Bills 10. Delay of game is called on the Colts early in the fourth when a bewildered Jim Sorgi has to return to locker-room to change from his street clothes, not realizing that he might actually get a few snaps this year.

Other big games:
    Giants > Bears
    San Diego > Cincy

Hopefully Houston can lock up the AFC South for the Colts with a second victory over the Jags.

4. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    browns almost win, again. but lose. same old. same old.

5. VanillaO

VanillaO Poop?

Oct 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    I'm actually taking the giants too.. bears have played weak teams pretty well the whole year, and the Giants D has been on fire lately

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well, Gard and I can not be on friendly speaking terms this week. Much like the Florida/LSU week. :D

Pittsburgh is going to snap out of this, and it is going to be at home. Sorry Saints fans, but the Steelers will send Reggie Bush and the boys home with from Heinz Field with a loss.

-Mike

7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep!
    :D ...and he actually comes in at 34-0 in the 3rd and throws a TD to make it 41-0 at the beginning of the 4th. :D

That would be nice but I doubt it this time around. The Jags know they are in the hunt for a wildcard spot and can't afford to drop one to the Texans. They still have some tough games with Indy, NYG, NE, and KC to play this season.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The dreaded 5 point TD. I didn't realize Dungy had taken that play with him when he left Tampa. :D

Sorry bro.

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    DOH! :eek: My math is a little off this morning. I think it's time for a nap!

10. ...coughcoughcoughcoughcough...

I'll let poor Mike have his delusion...but it all comes crashing down at 4:15 eastern time on November 12th...

:D

Saints 35
    Steelers 17

(These Saints are for real, folks.)

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I don't think they are Gard. I think they are just setting the entire nation up only to pop that balloon in the Playoffs.

12. A quality coach, a true "leader type" QB, two world-class running backs, and offensive line that is playing great football, two all-star quality recievers, and solid defensive play...this ain't the old "aints", don't think they'll go all the way, but I think they have a genuine shot at it.

13. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    And a winning record against teams with .500 and under records. :bag: Course, that's not a stat I'd tout either.

Beat Cincy (outscore rather) and I might believe that they might be for real. They have enough gas to get to the Playoffs and die. Hell, at this point in the season half the teams that were "playoff bound" in preseason are floundering. Somebody had to win against those teams.

In all seriousness, they have had a great turnaround. Weren't they like 2-14 last year? From crap to Playoff contender is impressive. But I think they are too inexperienced with the whole winning thing to do much this year. Next year could be different.

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think this worked out well - the Bears, coming off of their embarassing defeat at the hands of the Fish will come back in full stride and lay the smack down against the Giants, shutting Tiki down early and establishing a strong passing game that emphasizes short to medium length passes while minimizing the "bombs" that Rexie likes to throw.

...that was a long sentence.

15. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I wouldn't call Reggie Bush and his 518 yards of total offense and zero TD's "world class". He will be good, but let's keep it real for now buddy. :D

Joe Horn is on the downside of his career. While he was very good a few years ago, he won't be making any more Pro Bowls.

-Mike

16. The Steelers keep playing the way they have been, they'll make Bush & Horn look like both World Class & Pro Bowlers.

:D

Oh, and Bush does have a touchdown, you need to get the facts straight. :)

(Not an offensive one, but nonetheless a score! ;) )

17. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I was going strictly off his offensive numbers. I thought he was no longer returning kicks and punts. My bad. In that case, your "world class" RB has one TD this year playing a position he was not drafted for.

Joe Horn will pop one of these weeks for a big game. He's good for a couple a year. I'm just hoping it is next week. :D

-Mike

18. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Drew Brees has been pretty hot lately, while PIT's pass D isn't looking very sharp. They let a conservative DEN passing offense go nuts last night. Made Jake Plummer look like Peyton Manning. Something in PIT isn't right.

Should make for an interesting game. A team on the ups vs a team trying to reverse their fortunes.

19. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I hope the Falcons bounce back vs. the Browns. They have bounced back the other three times they lost.

20. v-12

v-12

Mar 3, 2005
    FL Panhandle
    i'm picking the bears 31-28; and with all this talk of the saints roster, i'm picking colston as rookie of the year. he would be getting infinitely more attention if he weren't on the same team as bush- who i think is going to be a slightly better version of napoleon kaufman :bag: .