1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 8, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'm getting ahead of myself because there is one more game...Pack v. Vike & A-Rog on the national stage. Nothing like trial by fire, eh? Oh well.....

Pack 28
    Lions 17

2. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    My teams are done for this week, so I'll jump on next week as well :D

Giants will cruise past St Louis without even breathing hard. NYG 24, STL 7

Steelers will completely embarrass Cleveland this week. PIT 20, CLE 3 (would love to see a shut out ;))

The wheels will come off the Pats bus this week at the hands of the Jets. Jets defense will punish the Pats struggling O-line. Close but a Jets win. NYJ 17, NE 14

3. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Bengals will probably field a team against Titans.

4. Saints at Washington.

Saints 31
    'Skins 13

Saints defense looked very solid against a fairly good Bucs offense, and moved the ball well against a first tier Bucs defense.

The 'Skins have neither a good offense nor a good defense. Not going to be a happy day in Maryland at FedEx Field, the 'Skins will be starting the season out 0-2, Saints will be 2-0.

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    With Jackson under center I expect 8 men in the box all day until he shows that he can beat the CBs.

Hopefully the offense can get their timing down to torch that secondary, because I don't see much in the way of rushing attack going against that monster front 7.

6. Pittsburgh gets another easy win against a team they just love beating up on! 27-6. If they play like yesterday, Ben might be awarded with another quarter of rest too. Woo-hoo!!!! :D

7. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Actually there's two more games, but I could understand your Packer excitement clouding you from the goodness that is Broncos v. Raiders @ 10PM EST.

8. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Falcons - 13
    Bucs - 13 1/2

:D

9. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    Ravens squeek out a win.

B-More - 17
    Houston - 14

10. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Seahawks

Lose again

Lose so many more players to injury that they have to go into the Mariners farm system to get enough players for next week.

:eyebrow:

11. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    Pats 21
    Jets 17

Cassel Proves he can play ball.

12. That's gonna be one interesting game, regardless of outcome!!!

13. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    last time Farve played against the pats he spent a lot of time on his back. I dont think the Jets O-line can protect him as well has he needs to be

14. Interesting indeed....changing of the guard going on in a lot of towns this season, hm?

I have a feeling that the balance of power in the AFC East may be in doubt for the next few weeks until Cassel either shows himself to be an able understudy or not for Brady.

Playing against the luckiest great QB in history will definitely be a test...

15. Cowboys play the Eagles, should be a very good game. I'm thinking if Newman plays, it's Cowboys by a field goal. If not, it's anyone's game.

16. It is. And guess who's first in line to take the throne in the AFC!!! :hyper:

17. Falcons 20
    Bucs 17

18. I'll take a piece of that action...no way the Turkeys win this one.

Biggest difference between the Kitties and the Yucks is that the Yucks can actually tackle! Oh, and they have something resembling a defensive backfield....man, you Turkeys fans have been set up for a major let-down....and being a Saints fan, I know all about how you're about to feel....but I won't be directly reminded THIS season.

:hyper:

19. We'll see. :)

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I smell a Stanky/Gard signature bet.