Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Non bass activities

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by caesarbass, Feb 12, 2005.

1. I know all of us are obsessed with basses, amps, practicing, tone, and all other aspects of bass playing, but what other activities do you guys participate in to get your minds off of playing the bass. I'm pretty addicted to mountain biking. I just thought it would be interesting to find out what other things we bass players enjoy doing...hey, keep it clean. :eyebrow:

2. something besides playing bass........
    Target shooting, Linux, hunting, fishing, reading. Thats about it i think. :)

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Keyboards, guitar, and the occasional sax. Anything but drums. :)

4. Um...

1) Music
    2) Spanish
    3) Film
    4) Cricket & Footy

... and some other stuff I forget.

5. non.....bass......activities.....?!?!?! i don't understand your question........ :p

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    English Language and Literature.

7. playing with my daughter, reading, politics

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    tennis,snowboarding

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    shooting, hunting, reading, movies

brad cook

10. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Bass playing isn't really at the top of my list of hobbies and interests. I do lots of stuff including shooting pistols, reading (anything that has words on it, I'm obsessive about it), working on cars, and I'm a big history geek, so I like to get into old buildings and sneak around old parts of town and shoot photos of stuff.

11. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Boxing is my favorite hobby, and with my schedule it's the only hobby I have time for. It's a fun and vigorous workout. I love punching the heavy bag.

I used to target shoot a lot with my .45 ACP pistols but I've been really busy lately. I'm hoping to find the time to visit the shooting range more.

I also plan on getting back into hunting and fishing once my daughters are a little older and can go with me.

-Art

12. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Just getting outdoors and digging on nature is tops for me.

For excercise and adrenaline, windsurfing and skiing. I bought a season pass for the first time in a long while this year, so naturally the snow sucks. :meh: I have a mountain bike I don't use enough, criminal given the excellent riding available here.

13. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Playing video games. And guitar. Does this make me boring? :ninja:

14. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I watch Zombie movies when I'm not playing bass. I also skateboard a bit and play drums.

15. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    1911s chambered in .45 ACP are my favorite. :D

16. ukulele, reading, trapshooting, airsoft, pipe smoking, hunting fishing, movies, disc golf, concert going.

17. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Ahhh, the 1911; IMO the greatest auto-loading pistol of all time. The 1911 is what got me interested the .45 ACP. I bought one for my dad in the late 80's as a Father's Day gift.

My favorite is my Sig Sauer P-220, followed by my customized S&W 4506. I guess Colt doesn't manufacture firearms for sale to civilians any longer :rolleyes: , but Kimber and Springfield Armory make some really nice handguns based on the 1911's design.

IMHO John Moses Browning was a firearms genius! :cool:

18. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Besides bass you say.....

Photography
    Movies
    Reading
    Walking
    Football (soccer for you yanks)
    Computers
    Spiritual matters

19. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Video Games:

Return to Castle Wolfenstien
    Wolfenstien: Enemy Territory
    GTA: Vice City
    GTA III
    Medal of Honor: Frontline
    MX Unleashed

I like to go off road in my truck every once in a while... its amazing what you can climb. :p

I used to read a lot... I was reading a book a NIGHT in elementary school. Given, there were 232 pages... and they were the "Great Illustrated Classics" series, but thats still a lot for a 9 year old.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Bass is not at the top of my list. It is among these:

1) Golf
    2) Cooking
    3) Remodeling my house
    4) Computers
    5) Weight training

-Mike