Official Darkglass B3K Settings Thread - Post Them Here

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kenstee, Nov 15, 2011.

1. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Darkglass don't actually have a manual due to "environmental concerns." However, they do have a one-pager showing some settings.

If anyone else has found some other settings they really like, post them here..........

Attached Files:

2. Attack boost, Raw eq setting
    b3k%252520manual%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

3. Anyone else want to share their settings? I use the "Attack Crunch" with my P-Bass .... I would like to get a sound from the old school, although it is perhaps difficult for the features of the pedal.

4. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009

5. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    I use a 2012 am std pbass with dr sunbeams and have both toggles up and blend at 1 and drive at 2 pretty killer old school grit if thats too much try blend at 9 and drive at 3 it sounds great too

6. Excellent, really awesome tone.

7. Thanks for sharing! This evening, after work, I'll try to get the sound I'm looking with those settings.

8. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    I've been using:

both toggles up
    blend at 9-10
    drive at 9-10
    level loud enough so it's a bit of a boost from my clean signal

9. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    The b3k isnt as wild as you would think from reading everyones comments on tb it can get nasty but it can also do old school tubey grit i love mine

10. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Also the b3k responds really well to the tone knob on my pbass thise settings are with the tone rolled all the way back

11. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    interesting...never thought to roll the tone back to tame some of the grit

12. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Yes sir and there is magic that happens when u bottom out the tone knob on a p you get a mid boost at least mine does anyway

13. Before the vintage came out, rolling the tone knob back was a great way for me to get a mid boost, black sabbath type, old school tone. Also, if you use a comp,micro amp, tone bone before the B3K, roll back the volume, slightly, from you regular signal.So that the signal going into the B3K is a bit lower. Even if you play a passive bass, as I do. This cleans up some of the grit, and gives a really nice slight overdrive. Pretty much using the "attack crunch" settings in post #2, but i keep the bass boost engaged.

14. Being so happy with my B3K and yet, and eternal tinkerer...I decided to change a knob. But there's my settings for a few things I did recently - or close to it. The buffer is a recent addition and makes the bass cut through even more than it already does.

IMG_2909.jpg

15. Mark06

Mark06

Jun 28, 2009
    Lyon, France
    My B3K (US version) is always on with light drive settings

both toggles up
    blend around 10
    level around 11
    drive around 9

16. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    What exactly does a buffer do?

17. fendersurfer

fendersurfer

Apr 10, 2013
    Hi
    I tested the B3K yesterday again with band. While the Level knob is 2 o'clock every time, I'm experimenting with Blend and Drive. Switches are both down, but I will try the left one in the middle and right one up to Fat.
    Now with Blend and Drive. Blend is a little bit lower, let's say 10 o'clock, while Drive goes 11 to 12.

Can you give me some suggestions, which setting I should try for "full set use" to get just a little grit, punch and vintage tubey sound. More emphasis on Blend control oder Drive more important?
    Thanks.

18. fendersurfer

fendersurfer

Apr 10, 2013
    Any help with that "just a little dirt" sound? Blend 10 o'clock, Drive 11 o'clock. Switches both middle?

19. I like mine for just a mild grit when I play with a pick. Settings:

both toggles up (attack and fat)
    blend at 1-2
    drive at 8, just a bit over minimum. You hear when the signal starts to break up
    level at 1-2

This is with a Spector active bass with a kinda hot output. Sounds great.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021