1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Elrick Club Thread!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr. Majestic, Mar 1, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There it is- that's the other NJS with 26 frets. I thought of purchasing it once, but was swayed away because of the crack by the controls and the non-Bart pickups. Very unique Elrick though.

2. Mr. Majestic

Mr. Majestic Majestic Wood Supply Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2005
    From Louisiana/In Arkansas
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    My God, that NJS is truly amazing. It is a bit out of the ordinary. I'd play dat!
    That Redwood/Ash SC is also a piece of work. I will update the club numbers later today!

3. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    i couldnt resist it. the cracking is only in the clear coat. so i figured i give it a try. i already have 3 offers to buy it if i don't like it.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Let us know about the cracking- I remember it being up for auction on eBay, and the description of the cracking involved it going to the wood.

5. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    the guy is jtlee on here he has 152 positive feedbacks. he said it goes to the wood but not in the wood. it is the same diameter of the control cavity but nothing in the wood.

would rob fix it if i sent it back to him? or does he not do things like that?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I know he repairs his basses (fixed the broken headstock of an Elrick owned by someone I've spoken to) and has planed a fingerboard for me. You'd have to contact him for any particulars on your own bass.

7. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    It is quite interesting that this bass has an out-of-the-norm finish. If the finish is nitro, then it would be very easy to fix. I know Rob doesn't do finishes, so I would be interested to know if would fix it or give you the name of someone to send it to. Do you have any pics of the crack?

8. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    There's been a few Elricks with non-natural finishes- my old red bolt-on, the cherryburst NJS that's been around the block a thousand times, and the silver bolt-on that's also been around, so I imagine Rob must have (or at least had) a go-to guy for this sort of thing. I've never asked him myself.

9. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    if you look closely at the pic you can see part of the circle around the controls. i gonna see if there is still pics in his thread and i post one.

10. nalapit13

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
  11. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    I know he has sent out a few for custom finishes. He also mentioned something about an extreme custom paint from the past.

I am updating the numbers and will post the new ones in a few. I guess we need to let in those Cort guys. Whatcha' think?

12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The "extreme" paint was probably the NAMM bass that appeared to be purple to green depending on the angle you looked at it.

13. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    That's the one!

14. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    New numbers up!

Elrick Club Members:

1. Bryan R. Tyler
    2. blowinblue
    3. imjammin
    4. John Damstra
    5. fretlessspence
    6. brianh
    7. membranophone
    8. jdombrow
    9. espositod
    10. 55-02
    11. Halftooth
    12. OneMan
    13. nalapit13
    14. Brad Johnson
    15. pcurtain
    16. rick4001s
    17. Zooberwerx
    18. C-5KO
    19. Mr. Majestic

15. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Mine. Number, please! Its actually at my brother's in Reedville and I'm just too lazy to retrieve it. Now sports a single Nordy DC with an OBP-3 and 3-way coil switch.

ElrickNJS-1.

I know that's an old stock photo but, damn, its a good one!

Riis

16. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    I sent Rob the wood for my top today, thought I would show you guys the piece. It is a 5-A Curly/5-A Quilt Ash! I am having two other basses being built with this also, a CallowHill J5 and a Nordstrand NX-5 BO. The pictures don't do this piece justice!

l_3211e9163936d63547177c46fdcd946e.

l_9a7c986eef5deb72f90c5a0cdab50d5d.

17. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    My head just exploded :D

18. Mr. Majestic

Dec 3, 2005
    Majestic Swamp Ash
    Have any of you guys heard about the new NJS basses?

19. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    What's new about them?

20. I don't need a number, since I don't own these anymore, but here os the Cherryburst NJS-5 that I once had :)

ZZ7963F4B8.

ZZ44B06EFC.

ZZ5E70C4ED.

ZZ3E8F4508.

b8ee00d1.

4f9f0e6a.

elrick5.

elrick11.

elrick2.

elrick111.

Amazing bass. Some of the best maple figuring (quilt and birdseye) that I've ever seen. Just wasn't 'the one' for me :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.