1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official ESP club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkmasterflex, Mar 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Rojd

Rojd Supporting Member

May 29, 2018
    Rocky Mountains
    Even though it seems like the 130 will fit, I'm considering going with a set of La Bella Nickel Plated 29-45-65-85-105-128 XL anyway. The 29 isn't much different from the 30 on there already, and the 45, 65, 85, and 105 will match up the same. The 128 will be just a hair more than the 125. :bassist:

2. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    This just arrived from Osaka...

[​IMG]

8liter, StayLow, son_of_mogh and 2 others like this.
  3. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    An unusual P pickup configuration for sure. If we're imagining them numbered from left to right 1,2,3, and 4 I guess 1 and 3 are together and 2 and 4 which makes good sense. I just don't understand the slant. Seems like they'd slant the other direction.

4. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    That’s right: 1+3 and 2+4 just like you said.

There’s a common misconception about the ESP PPJ that one split coil covers the E and A strings and the other covers the D and G. But that obviously makes no sense.

His original PPJ bass had a huge square hole cut out of it with all 4 split-coils crammed in. I assume the slant was just designed to help them fit better...

7BF08DBC-B5B6-4709-8E4D-2E52B96C3F84.

5. PDGood

PDGood Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for helping to clear that up. An interesting looking bass, for sure.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Can anyone tell me what the string spacing at the bridge the LTD AP-5 has?

7. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    Just a heads up, G.C. has the Ltd B205fm on sale for $299. I just jumped on one. My first five string. Will post picture next week when it shows up.

AEVAREX and dbbltime like this.
  8. Insane deal !! I paid $550 for mine two weeks ago . DSCF6561.JPG

9. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    I like the eden metro amp in your picture

10. Its a sweet amp . Essentially two amps sharing the same cab .

dbbltime likes this.
  11. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    It's here! My first five string. Came set up really nice. Very happy with it so far. Anyone else rocking one of these, B205? 20190515_151951.

12. LanEvo

LanEvo Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Manhattan
    Just throwing this up here because a couple of people have asked about the pickup configuration:

[​IMG]

13. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    Let my guitar buddy check out the new 5 string and he was impressed with the quality and tone. Neither one of us had ever even checked out this brand before. And that b string thing is pretty cool too.