1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Mesa Boogie Subway Series Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rummonkey, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. friskinator

friskinator Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Maryland
    Question for you D-800 owners: I want to use the 1/4" aux input as well as the headphone input for quiet practice purposes. If I run my iPad with a 1/8" to 1/4" cable into the aux, then headphones in, then bass into main input, would that be the correct setup?

Element Zero likes this.
  2. Xansky

Xansky Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    Yes

Element Zero likes this.
  3. I have my SW212 on order, It'll go under my D-800+. I also have a Subway 1X15 and a 1x12. I'm thinking about all the possibilities!

4. Yes, except it’s a headphone *output*

Element Zero and agedhorse like this.
  5. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    X3 12’s....that some serious thunder. The 212 alone is huge sounding.....great now you’ve got me thinking as well....

zenrad and pgbassman like this.
  6. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    How about 2x15, 2x12, a 6.5 and a horn? You know, perfect for the bedroom. Or light demo work.

:thumbsup: :roflmao: :cool:

IMG_20190829_154258095.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  7. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
  8. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
  9. Iv@N

Iv@N

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, G&L
    New cab day :)
    1x15
    0DF9DC69-D521-4ED2-B015-5D69658DAC83.

Xansky, portal bottom, Low84 and 15 others like this.
  10. Iv@N

Iv@N

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Quick post gig thoughts about the 115:

Its massive. The cab sounds very full. For the first set I was standing a bit too close to the cab and was missing some note definition, so i boosted around 500hz on the WD and bumped my volume a bit.

For the 2nd set I stood 1 or 2 steps forward of where i initially was and i asked myself: damn, am i too loud?

I talked to the FOH engineer after the show and he was very happy with the tone and felt that i could’ve turned even louder on stage. Ha!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
    Xansky, Al Kraft, /\/\3phist0 and 3 others like this.
  11. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Loving the 212 cab and D800+ combination. 5382EF60-92F9-4385-A4A5-0E21F3EDA9E2.

don1, 9mmMike, CElton and 14 others like this.
  12. Iv@N

Iv@N

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Sweet!

9mmMike likes this.
  13. Iv@N

Iv@N

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Unboxing vid :)

Xansky, scottm and agedhorse like this.
  14. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    My experience, as well. The times we're playing a small room and the bass isn't in the PA, I've found I can best judge how it sounds in the house when I stand about six to eight feet out from the cabs (stack of two 1-15s), if the depth of the stage permits that.

Iv@N and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  15. bdplaid

bdplaid Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2007
    If I'm using a single cab I like to put it on something like a milk crate. Tightens the deep lows and puts it at a height better to hear. But, I've used the 115 on the floor both flat and wedged-up and it fills the room. No one ever tells me to turn down, and I am seldom in the FOH. Recording from out front sound good, and balanced.

Iv@N, detracti and /\/\3phist0 like this.
  16. FirewalZ

FirewalZ

Aug 14, 2014
    S.E. Michigan
    Yep...standing too close to a smaller/low profile box has always been an issue ive had....with any product. I have a foldable amp stand i carry just in case, there is also a road case, from the pa system, i use sometimes. However, with my new 2x12 cab its just tall enough and much less of an issue.

scottm, Iv@N and agedhorse like this.
  17. Iv@N

Iv@N

Jun 8, 2008
    Münster, Germany
    Oh, I hope my post didn't come across like: "the cab wasn't performing well when i was standing too and then it got TOO loud when i moved forward"
    I was just surprised at how much volume it was putting out (good thing) compared to my old 1x12" cab :D

You can see my first reactions in the vlog below

18. maisbass

maisbass Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 5, 2010
    NYC
    I’ve noticed when standing in front of my subway 15”, not only is it good to have it on an amp stand, I have also found it’s helpful to stand off axis as well. I definitely hear myself better when I’m off axis when I’m very close to the cab.

bdplaid and Iv@N like this.
  19. agedhorse

agedhorse SUSPENDED Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Tiliting all of the low profile cabinets back a little can help with this off axis response.

maisbass, MascisMan, bdplaid and 2 others like this.
  20. Evil Funk

Evil Funk

Jun 11, 2019
    My new bass rig worked out great this weekend! Played The Moose in Dillon, MT on Friday and Lakeside on Hauser in Helena the next night.
    Used my Trusty Fender American Elite Jazz Bass into a new Mesa D-800+ with a Mesa SW115 Cab. Shure PGXD14 Digital Wireless (this is a really really good one if you're looking) and a little ol' Boss TU-3W Tuner. No PA support needed, with plenty of volume still available.
    I can carry all this stuff in one go! Which is great.... because i'm lazy.

[​IMG]