1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Zon Club Part 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jan 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, we do know what's happening. Just stop with the cowardly (and nonsensical) attacks on someone who isn't here defend himself. It's obvious that you have a personal grudge against him.

mrgittleman likes this.
  2. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    This isn’t an attack. I’m trying to point out that while some folks may have talked directly to the guy, even they may not may not have gotten a complete picture.

For the majority of the folks including myself with no personal contact, we are being asked to accept a possibly unreliable account of a possibly unreliable report from someone who when they were right here seemed to be not entirely straightforward with the facts.

It’s not a personal attack for us to be skeptical.

We have multiple reports of zon basses sometimes being late so we learn very little from this account, and it’s especially hard to work through the sensationalism.

nibs208 likes this.
  3. Fuzzbass

It is OBVIOUSLY a personal attack. You said "maybe he's angling for another bass". That is utterly baseless, not to mention preposterous. It proves that you're not here to bring clarity to the discussion. You're here to throw shade.

Even Joe Zon acknowledged here on TalkBass that he owes Dave two basses. Dave still doesn't have them.

4. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    No offense people, but I'd LOVE it if this weird "proxy" arguing regarding someone else's affairs would end.

Can't we simply acknowledge what's already been said MANY times, about how it didn't go as it should have, it's their personal business to work out, and move on here?

Please?

RodRy, Erich Bruning, nibs208 and 7 others like this.
  5. Fuzzbass

I posted an update because I'm not the only one interested in Maidenbass' orders. I'm sorry it got messy afterward, but it didn't have to.

andrew likes this.
  6. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, but IMHO, I'd recommend others interested in his situation discuss directly in PMs, rather than have you be his personal representative in this open space and get in the middle of it all. I suggest the direction the convo went should have been expected... this is why it's bad to put yourself in the middle like that.

just MHO, nothing more, but I ask that we drop it here, and leave it to those specifically interested to directly contact him and/or Joe as needed. I feel it's been MORE than worn out here.

Again, just MHO.

nibs208, TolerancEJ and Jeff Scott like this.
  7. MCS4

MCS4

Sep 26, 2012
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Agreed. I've been following the Zon Club thread for years and am now going to turn off the notifications as I am tired of logging onto Talkbass and being presented with more bickering and personal attacks regarding this one issue.

nibs208, TolerancEJ and Jeff Scott like this.
  8. Fuzzbass

I'll partly disagree: I think it's important that a vendor's performance remain public for all the obvious reasons.

I agree that this issue has become worn out in certain ways, and I'll withhold comment on why because I agree it should be dropped for now, but I will post quick updates as the basses are received.

Slaymus and Notch Johnson like this.
  9. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    That seems fair... especially if it's just the bare naked facts/events, without adding any rhetoric/editorial.

Thanks.

nibs208 and Slaymus like this.
  10. aqua.spearo

aqua.spearo

Mar 2, 2009
    yes it in fact that that ray ross bridge. it was a direct drop in on this bass. I am going to make an attempt at purchasing the alternate design, which never got past the prototype phase. This is the retail bolt on bridge, but there is another version that is like the magnum opus of bridges. it gets routed down inside the body and has much taller post. This bridge really fits zon well. Its too bad joe apparenltly has his hands so busy with orders that hes probably doesnt have tons of time to R&D new tech like this. The Ray Ross basses are impressive.

RodRy likes this.
  11. aqua.spearo

aqua.spearo

Mar 2, 2009
    wow .. im just like blow away by this whole thing, and you know, if im Joe, sometimes I would question why the hell im living with this. If you want to go by a Zon bass, there are plenty for sale. If you want to go commission a bass that is going to be built by the legend, hes gonna build it when he is ready to build it. Not before hes ready, not sometime after, but exactly when its intended to be built. Joe could really just stop being so willing to please rabid customers and raise his prices 50%, then im sure all the basses would be shipped out on time. This is just really annoying to see people totally loose track of the fact that Joe is a human being not a robot and he doesnt need to build your basses at all. ..

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    nibs208, TolerancEJ and HeavyJazz like this.
  12. I’ve already blocked all the complaining parties, which immediately made this an enjoyable thread again.

nibs208, bobunit and kesslari like this.
  13. Fuzzbass

So if you ordered a bass and were promised 8 month delivery but were waiting two, three years or more and the company ignored your requests for a status report, then you'd be okay with that? Unbefrigginlievable.

If all you want is a kumbaya fanboi thread, then by all means, do as the other guy did: go ostrich by blocking all those who have the nerve to talk about the issues they've had with the company.

Adam Wright, andrew and basschanges like this.
  14. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I believe this.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  15. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    I've already told my experience as a Zon owner/lover and missed delivery date order-er.

I am not anti-Zon, far from it. I LOVE my Zon bass. As a Zon fan, I think it's better to have people know before they order that the wait time could be longer than the estimate given from Zon. Knowing that before you order should both lessen the frustration and worry of future and expecting Zon customers and also make Joe's life easier by not having people blow up at him over late orders. Doesn't that seem more reasonable than trying to "help" or "defend" Zon by ignoring the delay issue and discounting the Zon customers who are stuck experiencing a delivery time much longer than they were told?

These are not cheap instruments, there are not many readily available on the market and for most of us custom ordering is the only option. So let's respect and support the currently waiting Zon customers here and hopefully help lessen their frustration, and keep future Zon customers informed of what to expect. Hopefully doing so can keep everyone happier, a bit less stress in Joe's life and hopefully/eventually give him time to get his delivery times shorter.

In time, that should help keep the posts here more about how great Zon basses are and less about customer unhappiness, which I'm sure everyone would like to see. Ignoring the problem short term won't make that happen.

Fuzzbass, Slaymus and TolerancEJ like this.
  16. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    Sure, Joe could stop taking new orders, complete his current orders and retire. Eventually that day will come. But it's silly to talk like paying customers should not expect to have the delivery times given by Zon roughly honored. Wouldn't it be better to have Zon offer a longer delivery time instead of missing delivery dates (often repeatedly)? It's not audacious for people to give a company thousands of dollars and then be disappointed when their order doesn't come when they were told it would. You're being disrespectful to the members here waiting on Zon orders to imply they're out of line to expect their bass when they were told it'd come.

Adam Wright and Fuzzbass like this.
  17. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    for the record, and i know nobody accused me of this, but since I spoke up about it...

i'm definitely not at all suggesting squelch/fanboi thread. i only said something because i felt the story had already been told a zillion times, and it was just being beaten into the ground over and over again.

in short, i'm a huge fan of freedom of information and transparency. i'm not a huge fan when it just feels like endless bashing and thread degradation.

FWIW.

18. Fuzzbass

I've been saying the same since I got mine.

andrew likes this.
  19. zon5string

zon5string Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Not sure how I never joined.....anyone know what my number is?

1997 Sonus V

upload_2019-9-20_10-5-23.

RodRy, Impermanence, bobunit and 2 others like this.
  20. ZonBass18

ZonBass18

Jan 1, 2014
    bassonboard.

zon5string, Jeff Scott and TolerancEJ like this.