1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oh man, these women...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by D.Don, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Your grand ol lady sometimes goes totally bollocks when she's way too drunk too?

We had a fantastic eve, went on a few bars, met some fun peeps and ended up at this cool bar and had a great time, and when you come home, she's like frankensteins wife throwing things at ya? Not beacuase ya flirted or anything, but beacuase she's too drunk and can't really take care of her self and feels like "I can't sleep and you have to take care of me!" and handle's it like a 2 year old which ends up in a total disrespect to herself and to me.

She has hit me several times this eve and been throwing stuff at me, all in vain of course as I can see she's really tryin to hit a conflict here, which we don't normally have and that does not exist, and I am all ZEN as I don't cope with violence, but REALLY tired of this (it happened a few times our first 1-2 years, it's 5 years now and it's the first time in years I've seen this, she had a bad man before me so in the start it was "ok" so to speak, though I really told her afterwards that I don't respect this AT ALL), but man, if I had this on film, she'd be beggin me for forgivness for the rest of our lives, and I really feel a huge lack of respect in her atm and wish I'd been elsewhere tonite and I really couldn't keep myself from tellin her that I'd been doin lots better down at the student's dormitory two blocks down this night, and of course it blew her out... I just want to leave this place atm and come back when I feel she deserve it!!!!

At all confrontations this eve I tell her that I love her in a low and calm voice, but that I want to talk about this tomorrow and the she ought to be in bed sleepin and that I wont tuck her in as she's been behaving in disrespect to me and that I wont allow that etc.

Crap!

Anyone had this?

D.Don

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    She may need to control her alcohol consumption?

3. She may have to get to know here feelings a bit better, scary, but yeah, she should have stopped before those last two beers, a good observation m8!

D.Don

4. I hope she's sleeping now, I am off to bed now and really want to get some sleep.

nite.

:/

D.Don

5. bassrique

bassrique

Nov 27, 2007
    Florida
    What do you mean by she feels like "she can't take care of herself"? She needs help passing out?

6. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Yep, been there. People that get violent when they drink are no fun. What really sucks is when you try to slow them down and they just get more drunk to spite you, and you KNOW what is coming. Guess you have to take the bad with the good.

7. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Sorry if this sounds cold but I see no reason why she should get so many second chances just because she's a woman and you're a man. Imagine the reactions you'd get and the advice that would be given if your roles were reversed. And having been involved with a "bad man" is also a completely unacceptable excuse and shouldn't even be a factor.

If this was happening to me the relationship would have been over a long time ago.

8. This does not happen everyday, she had this behavior sometimes during the first year we where together but I am very firm to set limits and tell what I don't accept so it stopped. I guess she just got that one beer too many yesterday.

And, hehe, she was pretty cute this morning and got a HORRIBLE headache now .... so now I can just tease and make fun of her all day and she just has to eat it...

hehe!

D.Don

9. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    hope all is good. show her who the man is, haha.

10. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Wise words.

11. Thanks guys!

All is good here, and she's starting to get back to life here now, she's regretful and I actually just laugh about it now. She was very drunk and really tired, it's been a stressful period here since she can't find a job, and I just lost mine.

As they sing, "that's life"..

:)

D.Don

12. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Videotape it next time!!

13. AlembicPlayer

AlembicPlayer Im not wearing shorts

Aug 15, 2004
    Pacific Northwet, USA
  14. Yeah! I wish I did yesterday!!!

:D

D.Don

15. lol

Nah, she's a great woman, the love of my life, and I have had my bad behaviors when being stupidly drunk too, though I never fight. It's life and it's love and it's love and it's life ...

D.Don

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    If you were anywhere nearby, we would have to go out for a beer and a long talk. I've been there my friend, oh how I have..

17. hehe!

It really is not a biggie, I just got pissed off yesterday coz she acted stupid, this is far from a normal situation in our relation and I guess I was a bit scared coz we really live a happy, rich, communicative and loving life together.

Though thanks for the concern anyway m8! And If you pass by the south of france, give me a shout!

D.Don

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

No offense intended, but sounds like the relationship would be improved with no more booze. If you can't drink and control your behavior, you shouldn't drink. If that doesn't work, then counseling seems like a good idea. That kind of behavior is simply not acceptable.

19. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Here are 3 options for protection when woman go nuclear.
    Yataghan:One of the very reasons why Ottomans kicked so many Crusader butts.There's a saying "Very few things cut better then a yataghan."You can slice a whole whale with it.

[​IMG]

Flame thrower:That'll keep her away from you.Range is limited to how long the weapon can spray the napalm.
    [​IMG]

All else fails;

There's the Minigun:problem solved.
    [​IMG]

Jokes aside,I almost lost one of my best friends due to being a very violent and dangerous drunk.

I woke up in bed,full of my own puke,my right hand was double the size it shpould have been and I was missing a teeth.I had no memories of what happened and it took me 1 year to learn what I did that night.Long story short,if there was a cop present where I had been to,I'd be charged with assault a few times.Thanks to my hulkish friend,I couldn't deal much damage (only to myself) and thanks to a security guard I'm still alive.

It was the last time I drunk that much,I will never ever again drink that much.I'm considered to be an alcoholic,I can't do without booze after a few days but I drink a little amount and NEVER EVER lose myself.You gotta know where you need to stop man,she needs to know that point.

Its not an issue of nuclear woman or man,its an issue of "It does not stay out of the bottle as it is when its inside."

20. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    The first step is admitting she has a problem.