1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OK, TBers. Time to whip out your wallets.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by two fingers, Nov 29, 2018.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I must have read a THOUSAND TIMES here guys saying "If Mesa would make a lightweight more powerful Walkabout I would buy one!!!!"

Welp..... it's here.
    Mesa Boogie Subway WD-800 WalkAbout Bass Amplifier | MESA/Boogie®
    subway_wd-800-front-panel.

I fully expect dozens of NAD threads very soon.

Put your money where your mouth is. Don't berate a manufacturer for not making your perfect amp and then not buy it when they do. ;)

(I have nothing to do with Mesa. I already own a Walkabout. It is stupid loud and light enough for me.)

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Yeah man come join us in the other threads!!

I also want to hear from the folks who said 'If only Mesa would make a Subway 2x12 cabinet I'd buy one in a heartbeat'....

Yep. That's here too!

smogg, HolmeBass, Zbysek and 2 others like this.
  3. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    This, alone, requires a poll as to who wanted one and whether they actually buy it, or not. :D

4. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
  5. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Please hold ......

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  6. Never said it, don't want one. Might like it as a preamp though. Still wouldn't buy, have an amp.

two fingers likes this.
  7. I’m in SERIOUS gas mode for this amp. It appears to be perfect.

8. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Sounds like it's time for an upgrade :)

9. LBS-bass

LBS-bass Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2017
    California
    I just bought a used D800 so give me a couple months, at least. Sheesh.

smogg, Mili, ErnieD and 10 others like this.
  10. mmbongo

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    In my current situation, I'm sticking with my D800 as well. It's just too darn good and fits in my gigbag. It's in no way inferior to the other Subway amps.

11. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    If the first production rounds aren't immediately sold out, TB is full of liars :D

n1as, fhm555, Mili and 12 others like this.
  12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It might not be done in a heartbeat, but a WD-800 and Subway 212 will be mine in the hopefully not too distant future.

smogg, SactoBass, wintremute and 8 others like this.
  13. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    I think Mesa would be first to agree that they are expanding the choices in response to customer requests, not making their other products obsolete. When I was beta testing the prototype WD-800 I compared it against my D-800 and the original WA. I do think it sort of outperformed my original WA, but that was the whole point of this new one.

As for the D-800, the new WD-800 is different, but not better or superior in any way based on my experience with a fair amount of time using it. I liked my D-800 when I bought it and still like it today for the same reasons. The WD-800 is a super head that's hard for a WA lover not to go nuts over, but may not be for everyone, just as the original WA wasn't for everyone. Customers asked for choices and Mesa delivered with a line of quality products to meet differing customer needs.

14. 2x15 and a 2x12?!?!

Also a tube pre/800 watt power?

Oh man, I can't afford to be this excited!

red_rhino, SactoBass, Zbysek and 2 others like this.
  15. Element Zero

Element Zero Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2016
    California
    Yesterday was a flurry of info to say the least. I’m quite the fan of my D800+, SW112 and SW115 rig. But, if “some” is good, more is always better... right? At least, that’s what I’ve been trying to explain to my wife :laugh:

Got a couple weeks off around Christmas so I’ll be driving the 4 hours to Mesa Hollywood on one (or 2 if necessary) of those days. The WD800 has my interest piqued... but that 215? drooldrooldrool

16. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    If it only had 5 strings. No wait, I meant if it only had 4 strings. No, it has to be your bull.

3rdcurve likes this.
  17. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    At first loo this is much too busy for me.
    So , my wallet is safe as are its' contents.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    40Hz likes this.
  18. gully_jones

gully_jones Stone cold groovy man Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Mississippi
    Meh

19. micguy

micguy

May 17, 2011
    I play ampless, and have a grear amp that I don’t ever use. Still, I kinda want one.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018