Old Skool practice stack!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Pantsman, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Just as the title says, I built a practice stack out of an OLD!! Pioneer Stereo Amp and 2 HMV Speaker cabs (still with original speakers, but not for long, these things still sound great though). Signal path is Yamaha RBX260 with EMG's Digitech BP-50, Ibanez 7band EQ and a homemade distortion box then into the amp.

Feel free to start laughing ..... now :p

Still looks sweet, specially once it gets a make over.

Edit: new pictures are up, Info on the amp, Solid State Stereo power amp 75watts@4Ohms. The speakers are 25watt and 8Ohm each so they are getting a bit too much power, but they are getting replaced with 100watt, 8Ohm drivers.
  2. That's quite impressive looking, even if it's not technically stunning. Nice job! :D :bassist:
  3. e.maynard

Nov 11, 2004
    Afton, Virginia
    That rig rocks on so many levels. Don't change a dang thing.....
  4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

My first amp was the phonograph!

I'd take the needle off and cram the arm up under the strings and it sounded great! :p

Everyone else in the house thougt it stunk but hey, I was 10 and what did they know anyway! :rollno:
  5. This thing should get me stylishly through any jam session I may be apart of and for anything larger I'll soon have my Trace Elliot rig going, yay!

But its a very metal sounding setup, these speakers break up nicely and the amp has a prominent midrange, kinda ampegy.
  6. thats awesome!
    that reminds me what i did when i first started playing, i took my mom's old phonograph amplifier and put it into my dad's old sony speakers (they were pretty nice!) and that was my bass rig for my room! and then when i was done practicing, i'd hit the switch to my cd player, also plugged into the amp (the AUX input) and rocked on!
    it was great!
  7. This thing has a Mic output for recording too :D speakers should be a fortnight away. Not bad for AU$65
  8. Doodaddy

Doodaddy Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2005
    West Monroe, LA
  9. bollocks to boring practise amps!!!!! it doubles as a killer PC speaker setup.
  10. Just found out that the model before this one is 75 *insert drum roll* TUBE watts ... the search is on :cool:

But it is great to so TB has some taste other than vintage and custom basses and hi-tech amps :p j/k
  11. ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey man; vintage electronics are way cool. :cool: