1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

our idiosyncrasies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I thought it would be funny to share our idiosyncrasies with one another.

I'll start...

-I have a "thing" for large jackets and wear a parka 9 months of the year.

-I like pockets

-I hate hearing the dishwasher, clothes dryer or washer. I am very sensitive to ambient noise.

-I always chew my food on the right side of my mouth.

-I brush my teeth for two minutes on the top, two minutes on the bottom everyday.

-I face my alarmclock away from me.

-I only wear shirts with a mandarin collar (well, I try to...)

-I wear a nose plug when changing my son's diaper (When we had a cat I used to wear a gasmask when changing the cat litter)

-My bass has a capo on the second fret all the time.

-I cut my fingernails on Tuesday mornings.

-when I watch a movie all the lights must be off.

-I sleep with wax earplugs (ohropax) everynite.

-I drink 3 litres of water a day.

-Out of the 350 people I work with I am definitely the most Left of centre in my political beliefs and worldview

There is probably more, but that's all I have right now.

And you?...

2. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    I cannot watch tv with the lights off, anything else would mean I have a problem :D

3. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was gonna post a thread like this, but I didn't know how to word it.

Anyway, I will only wear socks if I have shoes on. Otherwise, I'll be very uncomfortable. I also put on my socks and shoes with my left foot first.

4. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    I really like lime green.

Anything green.

5. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I cannot sleep without ambient noise of some kind. I grew up near a freeway and it trained me that way.

I WILL NOT wear watches or anything else that goes around my wrist.

I do not eat green vegetables of any kind.

I will put cheese on just about anything other than dessert.

6. musiknouveau

musiknouveau Guest

Jul 10, 2007
    1) I have a thing for bassists. (cough) (cough)

2) I go nuts if the Brita filter is empty

3) I sleep with earplugs everynite too

4) I work at an art museum but don't believe in museums (non-historical or preserving/conserving)

5) I have the same routine every week. Wake up at 6:30am and go to work. Get off at 6pm and go to the gym. Gym to Art Studio. Leave art studio at 11pm or 11:30pm. Go to bed at 1am. Repeat. Weekends- wake up at 7am and go to studio and leave at 10pm.

6) I MUST have a glass of water lying next to me before I go to sleep

7) I take allergy pills to go to bed

8) I go crazy when some event happens to screw up my routine but I never show anyone that is drives me crazy.

7. Me too! Left, then right. Always.

8. LOL! Was there another choice after the left one? :ninja:

9. Hahahaha! Touche'. :D

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    - I have to sleep with a bottle of water next to me. It cant be a glass of water because I spill it every darn time...

- I *have* to sleep with socks on in the winter

- I hate being couped up in the house for too long. If I'm in the house any longer than 3 or 4 hours I have to get outside if even for a walk.

- I have this wool fetish where I love scratchy wool coats and stuff. never wear them, but I just think wool looks neat

- I'm frustratingly center in my political views, sometimes left is right, sometimes right. Just depends on the situation. It drives coworkers nuts

- ambient noise kills me too, I can only sleep or conentrate if it's absolutely quiet.

- rainy and/or windy days send me into a daydreaming frenzy

- I own an alarm clock that is supposed to wake me up with rainforest noises, but I've beat it to the punch everyday now for the past 4 years so I've never actually been woken up with rainforest noises.

- despite trying hard to be a skeptic, I'm convinced that I'm mildly psychic as too many weird things have happened to me (go ahead and laugh, doesnt bother me!)

- I have no one favorite thing in regards to color, songs, movies, animals etc... nothing. I just like batches of things equally.

- scary places like cemetaries and crypts are cool. I'm more uneasy in a dentists office than I am in a supposed "haunted place"

- I hate most sports and have no idea why

11. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I can't sleep with socks or shirts on, unless it's really cold or I'm really drunk.

I like to put tomato juice and/or salt and/or tabasco in my beer.

That's all I can think of.

Y'all are weird. :p

12. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    "I hate most sports and have no idea why"

same with me.. but I just find them boring with no soul.

13. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Hmm. This is interesting to think about things like this.

- I love boobs.

- I drive with one finger on the freeway. Usually my left thumb. I'm exceptionally calm during freeway driving, yet most of my friends are all white-knuckled nervous nelly's when going 70mph or faster.

- I hate leaving sticky goo on purchased items once I've peeled off labels or tape or stickers.

- I say "DUDE" way too often.

- My work desk is F'in slooooopy. Covered in stupid crap. Yet I know where everything is.

- I love squeezing pimples. LOVE IT. I'm almost happy when I find a big zit on my shoulders. I love giving gals massages and back scratches, but if I see a zit, I gotta pop the sumbitch.

- When I wind up cables (speaker, instrument, signal...) I have to be extra careful to wind em up neatly so they're not tangled messes. Then I wrap the coil all the way around with the end, to keep the coil from unraveling.

That's about it.

14. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Here are some

- I say eh too often, typical Canadian eh?

- I type with only my index fingers

- I wear only grey or white t shirts

- I don't like wearing red or blue

- I try my best to keep everything in mint condition

Meh

15. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    :bag:

16. Every one of you are so darn weird it hurts! :rollno:

-1.) I sleep with one foam earplug in my left ear each night. Sometimes its necessary to also plug the right ear.. but only with cotton!

-2.) Every time I start a prayer, I get this mental image of God... but its all wrong, and I can't seem to shake it .. I know He's NOT bald! :meh:

-3.) I immediately clamp my hands over my ears with I hear sirens, kids screamin' or over-amplified sound. Instinctive?

-4.) I can't put away any of my instruments if the strings aren't completely clean, and no fingerprints can be on the body at all.

17. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Great thread! Why didn't I chek it out it earlier? :D

- I have a thing for female musicians,
    - I have no problems sleeping with a spotlight pointing straight onto my face or in a noisy environment,
    - I can't keep any plants alive in my apartment,
    - I like wearing orange clothes in the summer, but not in the winter,
    - I think salad is more decoration than food,
    - I don't care too much about bass gear,
    - I have no clue why people are interested in sports,
    - I hold the steering wheel in my car between my left hand's index and middle finger (I'm left-handed)
    - My TV is ridiculously small (14") but I don't care too much...

That was about it I think...

18. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I do the same thing and I'm right-handed.. go figure

19. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    food has to be equally distributed on either side of my mouth in order for me to eat it.
    my right hand is stronger and i write with it, but i do everything else with my left (like throw/catch, open doors, carry things, etc.)
    i can fall asleep anywhere.

20. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    - I drive my automatic transmission like a manual.
    - I seldom watch TV, and am often left out of conversations about it.
    - I'm very self reliant, and hate being helped unless I ask for it.
    - I'm WAY too organized.
    - I drive an El Camino.

Wierd enough?