1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Parallel boxes

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Thanks! That's a big help!!

2. Okay, I got it all figured out.

As usual, I was trying to make something more complicated than necessary.

3. so, I've got the schematic for my blend box, and I just want to check and see if this is true bypass. Not that it matters, just curious.

BlendBox.jpg

4. No, but this would be. The dashed line represents that both switches operate at the same time. attachment.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Thanks!

That would be a DPDT switch, right?

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    You need a 3PDT if you want a simple mechanical switch to be "true bypass" with no other bypass circuitry added.

7. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nahhh, you can use a DPDT if you don't need an LED.

8. I drew in a DPDT, but if you want an LED, then you need a 3PDT with +9v > LED > one pole/one throw of the switch > ground.

9. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Ah yeah, makes sense- I'm just so used to LEDs.

10. Having nothing exciting to do in computer class, I drew up another revision of my blender. This one with 2 channels, A+B. A[SUP]S[/SUP] and B[SUP]S[/SUP] are send, A[SUP]R[/SUP] and B[SUP]R[/SUP] returns.

The idea for this one is to blend the two channels, and then mix it back into the unaffected signal. This thing has an LED to indicate operation (also because i'm too cheap to spend 14.95 on a DPDT switch when I have a 3PDT lying around)

Is this going to work or do I need to do anything I'm not aware of?

FETBLENDREV3.jpg

Values are as follows

R1: 2.2M ohm
    R2: " "
    R3: 4.7K ohm
    R4: ? (dependent on LED voltage)
    VR1: 50k ohm
    VR2: 50k ohm
    C1: 0.01 µF
    C2: 10 µF
    Q1: 2N5457

EDIT: VR1 is a blend (ganged) Potentiometer. I can do either ganged or just another single 50K. I'd imagine it depends on the effect I'm after, as the ganged pot would fade out the signal, and the 50 K would do like a J-bass volume control.