1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

paramore on conan o brien

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by sonic assassin, Sep 28, 2009.

1. i love this band (and their smokin hot singer), and seeing them on tv was nice, but a little odd. clearly feeling out of place with no crowd. im not sure what is up with the tonight show's sound crew, but that mix was terrible. it was all guitar and vocal.

but alas, they played well, and hayley looked amazing in tight black pants. mmm girl. she looks as good blonde as she does with orange or red hair.

heard a preview of the new album on myspace. its looking pretty good. definitely more mature. less giant, more intimate. RIOT! was a great album, but they couldn't keep that larger than life production up forever.

thoughts?

2. Power chords, teen vocals, and modern studio trickery hardly equate to "larger than life" in my book, but I will take your word for it.

3. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Welcome to TB, where if it isn't classic rock, jazz or blues, it is garbage. :rollno:

4. And what is so wrong with that logic?

And garbage can be a bit fun every once in a while (except for the band Garbage, they are still off-limits) ;)

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    OK, point made, lets move on. You dont; like them, fine. I don't know them, but I'm sure others will be happy to have the info before we go around the what genre is crap and whose opinion is more valid tree again.

6. I never said anything bad about the band, I just said that the "larger than life" descriptor was a bit odd.

:eyebrow:

But, whatever, it's your forum.

7. Paramore rocks, and Hayley is a beauty!

8. their production is very modern on the last album. it was very giant and unrealistic. larger than life.

the new one is very stripped down and real.

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Saw them live i was about 10 feet away from the band warped tour '07 i got one of there t shirts for free and still have it some where i am not a big fan but it was cool to see them and the fact a girl fronts there band is cool

10. Oh, I see where you are coming from.

To me "larger than life" is like Dark Tranquility.

11. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Holy crap I didn't know the band was so young!!

12. hayley is 20 (that means ive got a chance!)

the drummer was on world tour at 15