1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 115 and 210 cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by milkman-27, Mar 24, 2013.

1. milkman-27

milkman-27

Jul 4, 2009
    I have just bought a Peavey Tour 450 and I also got the Headliner 15" cabinet on order. I want to have the option of using the full capabilities of the head so I was going to get the 210 cabinet as well in case I need the extra. It is rated at 200 watts rms and 400 watts program. I am new to the head/cabinet world as I have always used combos so I do not know much about all of this. If I am correct in my thinking will I only be getting 225 watts split through the two cabs and if so would the Peavey 210 handle that much. Thanks for any help and advice, sorry if this is stupid. And yes, I have looked at the 410 cab problem is what I have has to fit in my car and the 410 will not.

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Man, there are two massive threads on why not to mix up different cabs. Get the 15, see if you like the sound, see if its loud enough. If you like the sound and it is loud enough, you are done. If it sounds good but isn't loud enough, get another the same. If you don't like the sound of it, get rid, get another cab, and start again.

3. milkman-27

milkman-27

Jul 4, 2009
    Sorry, I have tried to find stuff. I guess I am not looking hard enough. Some of the stuff that I have read seems quite confusing. I have heard the "don't mix cabinets" thing though. The head is only rated at 300 watts through one 8ohm cabinet but 450 into 4 ohms. That is why I wanted the extra cab, for the extra "umph" if you will. I wouldnt have a problem with another 15' cab though.

4. JACink

JACink

Mar 9, 2011
    Spain
    If you don't mind another 15, then the 15 will be a good choice.

However, if you would like to know why... make sure you are strapped in as it could be a bumpy ride! :D

5. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Watts don't make more volume, more speakers do, almost definite that the 15 you have can't deal with more power than the amp is giving it, adding another 15 will give more volume, but it won't just be because you have more watts. 200w is easily enough to gig with, as long as you have enough speaker to be loud enough.

6. milkman-27

milkman-27

Jul 4, 2009
    Thanks, that makes sense to me. Sound wise I love the sound of 15's, I just thought the 210 would add another dimension to the sound also. But after I get the first 15 inch cab and check it out I might just get another. Thanks again.

7. blackba

blackba

Sep 7, 2008
    Michigan, USA