1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Databass - with headphones?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Benphase, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Benphase

Benphase

May 22, 2008
    Harrow
    No idea if this is the right forum for this, but what the hell:

Ever since I got the Databass amp I've been looking at how I could feed the sound through to headphones, for when I want to practise without the neighbours killing me (it's my only amp).

The only line out feed I can find is on the back, an XLR male marked "BALANCED LINE OUT - 1V RMS 600 OHMS". Not being at all experienced with such things I've got no idea whether this would work, so I thought I'd ask you guys.

The amp --> An XLR female to 3.5mm male cable --> a 3.5mm female to female connector --> standard headphones.

Would the output feed be too powerful for the headphones?

My other question is whether the 3.5mm cables should be mono or stereo, since I don't want the sound only coming out of one headphone if possible.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Not sure how to make that work. One cheap way to do headphone practice is to buy a cheap Behringer stereo mixer. They're under $100 new. Plug in your bass, headphones and iPod and practice away.

http://www.behringer.com/UB502/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Behringer mixers are fine.