1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Logo Re-Design Contest

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by debassr, Mar 23, 2009.

1. debassr

debassr

Jan 23, 2008
    Boston
    It seems that many people (not everyone) really dislike the current Peavey Logo...

[​IMG]

...so I thought maybe it'd be cool if we had a little re-design contest here on TB.

Post your Peavey logo ideas in this thread - maybe if there's some good ones Peavey will take notice. I'll kick it off with a quick idea...

11r3sea.

Have fun!

2. This might keep some of the haters from complaining

Attached Files:

3. Here

4. I love the pointy logo :D , dont need to change a damned thing about it!

5. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    This reminds me of a passage from Neuromancer, by William Gibson. In this particular scene, the author describes the bartender in a Chiba City watering hole:

"His ugliness was the stuff of legend. In an age of affordable beauty, there was something heraldic about his lack of it."

What I get from this is that these days, any punk kid with Photoshop can make something pretty looking. It takes a special kind of mind to make someting as ...unique... as the Peavey logo. Peavey has had the same logo on a lot of their products since Day One. You can say a lot of things about Peavey, both good and bad, but they're an institution now, and I think it's very nice that they continue to use the old logo. They've spent 40+ years building their name and reputation, and if I were Hartley Peavey, I wouldn't go throwing it away just because some folks thought my logo was ugly. :)

6. buzzguy

buzzguy

Mar 8, 2009
    Winnipeg
    QFT!!!

7. debassr

debassr

Jan 23, 2008
    Boston
    Can you guys please stay on topic? This thread is not for debating if the logo is good or not - it is for posting alternative logo ideas. If you want to debate the logo, please start another thread on that topic. KTHXBAI

8. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    what is the prize? =)

9. debassr

debassr

Jan 23, 2008
    Boston
    The personal satisfaction of making the world a better place. ;)

10. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    PVcopy.

11. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I thought Peavey changed they're headstock/amp logo to this a while ago:

Hisys. 1465559049_25eb7b97af_b.

12. debassr

debassr

Jan 23, 2008
    Boston
    ^^^ Well I certainly like that design better than the original.

13. Yes, they used that for a while, but then switched back?!? Don't know what the reason was, but anywho ...

14. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Probably 'cause debassr called 'em and said if they didn't switch logos, he'd incite a riot on TB. :D

15. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    This is the direction I think they should go:

[​IMG]

16. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I don't mind this logo....
    [​IMG]
    as much as I mind This logo....
    logo.

I wish they would change back to this logo....
    m5standardheadstock.

17. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Hartley Peavey, a hero of mine, came up with the pointy logo when he was in middle school. Love it. My amp has the pointy logo, my basses have the block logo. I have a spare neck for the Palaedium which has the pointy.

18. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    My Peavey has the horizontal logo, Im happy.

Too bad. ;)

19. bertbassplayer

bertbassplayer Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
    I liked the block logo with the delta A look, too bad they didn't stick with it... but then again when you think about Peavey you just think the pointy logo.

20. Amazing. :p