Peavey T-40

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderplayer, Jan 23, 2009.

1. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
  2. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
    anybody?

3. w33nie

w33nie

Jan 27, 2008
    That's up to you. do you like the strat?

4. SKATE RAT

SKATE RAT

Aug 22, 2007
    BROOKLYN
    yes!!!!! in a heartbeat

5. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Man..trade with Mim fender tele? that's a steal. I'd even buy it with cash immediately if I didn't have mine

6. MIM Tele's are a dime a dozen. T-40??? Not so much. Run as fast as you can and do the deal as long as it's stucturally sound.

7. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
    i like the tele but have another guitar to back it up, being a bassist i want the t40. i'll contact and see what they say. wish me luck. how much do ya' think its worth?

8. I would say 275.00 sounds fair. Thats not the original case. Check it over good. MIM Teles go cheap so as long as it is decent shape go for it. That Peavey will have more collectable value over a MIM Tele.

9. do it

10. Please do it,

I live in Orlando and I'm considering driving to Jacksonville to trade my MIM Jazz for it. I really don't need another Peavey, but I have gas for a T-40.

11. serein2j

serein2j

May 25, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I played in my church(live band setting w/ PA although I don't play through PA) with a space that can hold about 200 people (or where I play every Sundays) using my Genz Benz Neopak 3.5 and SWR Triad pumping 400W w/ amp's master gan volume dialed at 12. T-40 did the job perfectly. Blended in and cut through the mix very well.

12. I'd say that if you haven't already, do it.
    I only wish I could get a steal like that.
    The only T-40 I've seen is a white model for 300 bucks with case.

13. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    So, did anyone here get this one?

As for the case, it could be a peavey. There have been a number of '79's (including mine) that have appeared with just such a case. They always have the greeinsh-yellowish interiors rounded top and bottoms, white piping, and single accessory box. The consensus seems to be that they were offered for a short while by Peavey. However, the blade pickups on the bass date it to no earlier than 83, and I've never seen such a case with a model that late. So it could be a t-40 case, but it might not be original.

14. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
    well by the time i got to him he had already sold it. but we are talking about trading him for his 1998 M.I.A P bass with all new electronics and SPB3 pickups

15. :crying:
    Sucks, dude.
    Would have been a nice bass.
    But obviously not all is lost, judging by your new trade offer....

16. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
    yeah it really ruined my day, but after long negotiating and deal striking. we are trading my MIM Fender Telecaster and my affinity squier telecaster for that p bass. so i still come out on top

17. :eek:
    You are a lucky man.

18. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
    yeah i know i dont want to do anything to make him change his mind! he just bought a 08 jazz bass so he is practically giving away his old gear

19. Let me know next time you tire of a Telecaster. :D

20. fenderplayer

fenderplayer

Oct 31, 2008
    haha will do

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021