1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey US Made Millennium Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phallpdx, Jul 30, 2007.

1. phallpdx

phallpdx

Jun 2, 2007
    Whats your opinion of the USA made Peavey Millennium Basses (not the cheap overseas millenniums that they currently make). I am going to buy a bass from the $300-$450 price range, is this a good choice. Good experiences, bad experiences? I don't know much about this bass, but it seems to get good reviews. Thanks for all of your help! :).

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    A number of people who post here love them! I have had several, currently I have a four string with a Hipshot D-tuner. They have a powerful four band EQ, their necks are super slim, the action can be set super low. They come with great fret work and overall high quality construction. They sound alot like a 55/44-94 Lakland bass, the only difference being the inability to split the rear humbucker. They sound great fingerstyle or slapped.

3. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I have 5 string version: candy apple red, birdseye maple fingerboard, and matching headstock. It's a terrific bass. They are on a par with Peavey's very best stuff (like the Cirrus bass) so they should be taken very seriously. The build quality, fit/finish are outstanding and they sound great. They can be had for modest bucks and are a super value when purchased used. Good luck! :)

4. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Cheese,

Technical foul, ten yard penalty: the EQ is 3 band.... swept mid. Everything else is spot on.

Lee

:bag:

5. Yea these are great basses. Im looking to get another one after I sold my 5 a while back. Definitely a hidden gem.

6. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    my bass of choice.

7. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

DOH!!!:oops:

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    The USA Milleniums are great. The inexpensive ones from overseas are great as well for their price.

9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I just got one (Millennium Plus) for $405.00. New old stock. I don't believe it's possible to find a more versatile, more solidly built bass in that pricerange. I played one about 7 yrs ago when they went for around $1100 and wanted one, badly. Glad I was able to finally settle that gas for less than half that price. :)

I can't help but to wonder if Musician's Friend screwed up a few years back with these things. They either mispriced them, or got some kind of crazy deal from Peavey and blew a bunch of them out at around $400. It definitely damaged the resale value and I think it may have hurt the Millennium's reputation. They are NOT $400 basses. Don't look like them, feel like them, play like them, or sound like them.

Yes they are a good choice.

10. usa milleniums...thats all you need to say for the best under-priced bass besides the t-40 and some g&ls...great deal, if you find 2 buy both and give one to me :D

11. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

I think Musician's Friend simply secured some Millenniums from Peavey at a good price because they were left over stock, and they passed the price on to consumers. It did hurt the resale value of Millenniums, but the good thing was that it made a really high quality instrument available to people who might not have been able to afford one otherwise.

12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Quit lookin at the damn good side of everything. Makes it difficult for me to wallow in my half empty cup. ;)

13. phallpdx

phallpdx

Jun 2, 2007
    Does anyone have any pics/soundclips of theres!!!??? I am very seriously considering buying this... COME ON, PERSUADE ME... hahaha

14. phallpdx

phallpdx

Jun 2, 2007
    That recording is cool, anyone have anything where the bass comes through more though, as in just a recording of the bass?

15. poisonoakie

poisonoakie

Nov 26, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    I have a 4 string USA Millennium. It sucks. I'd say a step up from a mid 90s Squire. save up for a real bass, or get a cheaper piece of crap.

16. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Every bass is not for everybody, sell it and get something you like.:bassist:

17. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think they are great. I wish i knew this years ago when I first started. Would have beat the hell out of the first 4-5 basses I owned.

18. poisonoakie

poisonoakie

Nov 26, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Got a Stambaugh. Now my Peavy is just wall art.

19. phallpdx

phallpdx

Jun 2, 2007
    You are the first person I have ever heard say something bad about these basses... Why don't you like it? -- I would like to know because I am considering buying one. I would say that most people who I have talked to say that it is amazing quality... and that it is considered to be a very good bass. I guess I just don't see where you are coming from. A little more constructive criticism is what I wanted, not just criticism from criticisms' sake.