Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pedal boards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fenderbassabuse, Apr 24, 2004.

1. What is on your pedal boards and how would I go about making one with a power supply?

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I use a pedalboard from nycpedalboards.com and a OneSpot power adapter. Works wonders.

3. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    I use a pedal board from Rondo music, pretty inexpensive yet does the trick....and I use a OneSpot adapter as well---recommend one of these as it will cut down on needing a ton of A/C adapters for the pedals.

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    ....and I use a OneSpot adapter as well---recommend one of these as it will cut down on needing a ton of A/C adapters for the pedals.

Second that..best accessory I've bought in a long time.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Warwick Rockcase and SignalFlex power supply.
    Both cheap and very nice.

[​IMG]

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    And where would one find this onespot adapter...gotta site?

7. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    The guitarist I work with had a SKB pedalboard, but never used the thing because it was flimsy and unreliable. I went the other way and made my own, 3 years of be kicked stopped on, dropped and drug through the dirt and not one problem as of yet.

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    any number of places. From what I can tell, it's one manufacturer making them and they get branded by different people selling them.

If you go to zzounds.com and search for godlyke you'll find it.

9. I created my pedalboard with 12mm birch plywood. I covered the whole face with ozite (cab carpet) and put the hook side of velcro strip on the bottom of my pedals. My case is a heavy duty flexi-scope case I aquired from a stint at a medical instrument company...

Currently onboard I have a BOSS TU-2, BOSS Dynamic filter, (I need an expression pedal for it....anyone?)
    custom 2 stage Tubescreamer clone, custom Big Muff clone opt. for bass, Ibeenhad PD-7 phathed, Wooley, BOSS Bass Chorus, BOSS Octave, BOSS OD-1 (sometimes...see the distortion megathread) SansAmp BDDI, Aphex 1401 Punch Factory...

Good stuff. I need a bigger board, as I want a bass microsynth, an EBS octave (for cleaner doubling), and a new custom fuzz I saw a fellow poster here add a drool worthy pic for yesterday...

Oh yeah, and a p.e. experience pedal.
    Right now I have the majority powered with the daisy chain off the TU-2. Works good for me.

10. How did you go about making that? What is the pedal on the far left? :confused:

11. What'cha got in there?

12. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I actualy switched from a 1 spot to the Godlyke powerall... Way higher ma (1.7a = 1700ma!!!), better built, and comes standard with a butload of acessories.... I run 15 pedals off of it, including 2 with crazy high curent draw... No Prob... Plus you can use it in Europe / Australia / anywhere!!!..

Alex

13. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    L-R: Boss PSM-5 [powers the the bosses],PQ-3B parametric EQ, TR-2 tremolo, ODB-3 bass overdrive, EH bassballs and a crybaby bass wah.

14. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    In the far left is a extension cord with three wall warts to power the pedals, which is mounted to the board with tie warps.

How did I make it? The pedal-board is made out of plywood with a masonite top:
    I cut the shape out with a bandsaw and routed channels under where the pedals are to hide the the power cords from the PSM-5 and the two other wall warts to the pedals, and I routed pockets for any execs patch cord length. I then sanded down the edges of the plywood, cut the outline and drilled the access & pedal foot holes in the masonite top, which I then screwed to the plywood base, and finished it in a lovely rattle can black. The pedals are held in place with velcro and try-wraps.

15. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I got mine off of ebay for 18 bucks, which was an obscene steal, considering how well-built it is.

It's a bi-level, with a hinged top on the second level. The power strip goes underneath that top and the power cord runs out through a hole in the side. It's has full "female" velcro carpeting on it and vinyl on the sides to cover the wood. It holds 10 pedals (the pics are from ebay and do not show my pedals) easily and is nice and relatively lightweight. Has steel protective corners and rubber feet.

If I were going to make one, I'd make it just like this one.

16. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    That is a cool board, but no wah room, if I was to copy it I'd make the first level longer.

17. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I've never seen a Power supply and master switch (wow that's fun to say) on the left side of a pedal board. It's always been the second link in my signal chain after the tuner of course.

18. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Really? maybe everyone that has said "your weird Aaron" was right!..........................NAH It's everyone else:spit:

I do love that Power supply and master switch, It really saves time.:)
    The reason It’s on the left is because I like my ALL IMPORTANT wah-wah on the right,other than that It’s on the left because.:D

19. N*Joy

N*Joy

Nov 30, 2002
    Birmingham, UK
    I bought a prof semi-flight case style one for a silly expensive £100 ($150+!). It's pretty much van proof - but not proper touring grade, only thin 7mm ply.

Anyway I fixed a big beefy (2a) power supply to it which can switch output polarity for different pairs of 9v barrel outputs (8 outs in total) - it's great, but i'd have known about the godlyke (try here: www.effectsforless.com) then I'd have saved another $100+. I then added a little shelf for a second tier of pedals and I was finished:

[​IMG]

20. Man those are sweet pedals :D How much does all that set you back? Gotta be a fortune
    Oh well all for playing bass!! :bassist: