1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Phil Jones Briefcase owners?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fireincairo, Mar 15, 2009.

1. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    This thing really sounds good in the youtube clip. They check it out at 3:33 of the clip:

Sounds really full and fat for such a small amp. Only 28 pounds, too.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Sure, it sounds really good, for when you're playing mellow music in your bedroom or office.

Great tone at low volume, and if you try to crank it for more loudness then the great tone turns to crap. Also don't use it with any pedals that boost the low end. Blaattt...

3. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    So it's pretty much to the point that any volume whatsoever is terrible sounding? That's a shame.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, those things are great for that nice tone at low volume kinda thing. Not much else.

5. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    owned one and sold it because the volume was almost useless in many settings. Great for solo work or mellow ensemble

6. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I thought those little tiny speakers could handle a lot...thats what the website says.

7. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    That website says a lot of things that don't necessarily add up to real-world results IMO.

8. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If its on the internet it has to be true!:D

9. A friend had one- totally unimpressive. A Hartke Kickback will woop it unmercifully.

10. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    I used to have one but if I post my opinion about it I'll probably receive a nasty PM from Mr. Jones, so... Just try one...

11. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I read that happened here once...funny:D