Phil Lynott's Gear?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Feb 17, 2006.

1. That was backing Gary and he probably only wanted the Marshalls used. For Lizzy gigs of that time, from roughly 75-80, the flip top was used with the Acoustics or Marshalls.

A.K. and A. D. Fairhurst like this.
  2. GazzBass

GazzBass

Apr 20, 2008
    Japan
    What a band and what a senseless waste. The Live and Dangerous album cover made me want to play bass.

Clank Plank, Gluvhand and lesliegl like this.
  3. Oh OK. I just assumed it was Phil because I couldn't see any other amps.

4. No, I mean that the Marshalls, some of them at least, are bass amps, but he's probably not using anything other than what Moore wanted him to use. The flip tops were still part of Lynott's live Lizzy rig, along with Marshalls, at that time.

5. Oh I get you now! Misunderstood originally. Yeah, OK. Ampegs it is.
    PhilLynottReplica2522012-1.jpg

Rezdog, Axstar, A.K. and 5 others like this.
  6. Iconic beauty.

A.K. likes this.
  7. Ain't my bass...but I wish it was. If I ever get enough money I'll probably get an American Vintage '58 P bass in black and apply a mirrored pickguard. Then cut out a cardboard replica of the pickguard to put over it to keep it scratch-free.

8. Nah. You play it and let the battle scars show. I would but that's me.

lesliegl likes this.
  9. I like my guitars and basses in pristine condition. I'm weird like that.

10. supershifter2

supershifter2

Apr 22, 2014
    SoCal
    Scott and Brian have a Marshall guitar stack behind them. In the middle behind Phil is an Acoustic speaker cabinet laying on its side with a Fender speaker cabinet laying on top of it topped off with an Acoustic head on the left and a HiWatt DR201 200 watt head on the right. Maybe he was playing through 2 amps at once to get the tone. Theres a quick close up around 22:58 where you can see the 5 band EQ sliders on the Acoustic head. Dont blink !

Last edited: Jan 7, 2016
    Axstar and Gluvhand like this.
  11. I saw the same clip the other day and was going to mention the HiWatt. That was a new one to me.

12. stuart brown

stuart brown

Mar 13, 2016
    something like this :) ibanez rs900.jpg

PWRL, A. D. Fairhurst and Gluvhand like this.
  13. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    I was in a local band in Champaign/Urbana which opened for U2 on their very first tour. In the middle of our set a cup of water on my V4b spilled into the amp which blew the internal fuse. One of their guys changed it and had me back before the end of the song. I thanked him after our set and he said he was very accustomed to fixing Ampegs on the fly, the SVT rig U2 carried was an old one from Thin Lizzy. "It's the only one in Ireland so it's well used."

14. Kenbo

Kenbo

Jun 22, 2017
    None
    I know I am late to this thread can anyone enlighten me to which Dynacord maps Phillip used. I used to use an Emminent 2 until I blew the transformer and the fixer guy quoted me over a grand to replace and repair it that was 12 years ago. But what an amp the channel used to produce the best overdrive I am sure it was meant to be a keyboard amp but it sounded fantastic now I use Trace Elliot and Ashdown amps and cabs great but just not as rich as the Dynacord

15. The Dynacord was a BS412 combo and extension cab.

rollie 55 likes this.
  16. marcray

marcray

Nov 28, 2006
    Englishman in Oyster Bay, NY
    Aging Former Bass Player
    We seem to have a Peavey Amp up there in this pic.

Attached Files:

17. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    dynacord amps :thumbsup:

18. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    also ibanez basses :thumbsup:

19. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    also one cool dude :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

20. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    love your avatar :thumbsup:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021