Post your pedalboards - Part IV

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That is absolutely correct.

Sir EV: I'll need you to change your signature or become a supporting member. Choose which ever option suits you, but do so quickly.

2. steve21

steve21 Inactive

No board changes... yet.

[​IMG]

Planning on adding a EBS Multi-Comp and maybe an EBS ValveDrive, and a Boss DD-20... and maybe a Digitech Whammy IV

For the dudes who own one, can the ValveDrive achieve those super heavy metal distortion tones?

3. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    i think you changed it for me lol, but if not I'll change it

sorry for breaking rules recently, its not intentional

4. artitrol

artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    Sarasota
    Hey, that's my pedals' chains

one is: passive EHX TubeQ-> EHX mini Q-tron -> Noahsark red"赤" compressor(no.023 hand made in japan) -> custom EBS "vanbird"octa-bass( I got it from EBS'factory with no paint, I have changed the foot-switcher to a japanese-made black foot-switcher and painted it) -> Hartke Vxl preamp di

the other is: Aguilar DB924 preamp -> Ibanez PD7 -> EHX TubeQ -> EHX mini q-tron -> Noahsark red"赤"

5. OrangeSun

OrangeSun

Jun 26, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I would post now but i just got a WOBO footswitch/patchbay system in the mail, and I've yet to write it all up. Once I'm done, I'll be more then happy to share it. Heres what I've got:

EH Bassballs
    EH Bass Micro Synth
    Humphrey Mod bad Monkey
    Boss ODB3
    Boss DD-3
    Moog MF-101 (w/ a Yamaha exp. Pedal)

The WOBO setup is incredible looking. I got the custom footswitch one with 8 options. One of them can control an amp channel/ act as a simple latching footswitch, so I'll be using that to control the mute option on my rack tuner (korg 1000). The other 7 switches will be set to my pedal combinations. The whole pedalboard will actually be up on top of some cases at hand level, and the footswitch and the expression pedal will be on the floor. I have been busy recently and not had the time to wire it all up, but I hope to get to it tommorow. Pictures to follow..

6. [​IMG]

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing what y'all are doing, but don't make me wade through 42 pages of "I dusted my pedals so I thought I'd re-post the pic" action.

I demand new blood!!! :ninja:

7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    that gif is mildly disturbing... not to beat a dead horse..

8. /subscribed/

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Wow, part IV already. :D Does that mean I have to post an updated pic?:smug:

10. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    never seen the Tube Q before, how is it

you must like envelope filters

11. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Did I post mine already?

4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Roland V-Bass and GR-20.

12. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Nice. Very professional.

13. artitrol

artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    Sarasota
    Hey, nice to see U EHX GUY, I love EHX products very much too.

The TubeQ is a parameter eq with two 12ax7 tubes. It has very big, warm and rich clean tone. It must give you more punch, headroom and more smooth, tight tone. But it can't make your tone transparent. I think that because there are two tubes drive it. The tone will be colorful if you use it.
    And it can make your tone variously. From Jaco to Paul Jackson even Flea.

I like envelope filters very much because I like Bootsy Collins and Herbie Hancock.

14. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I think I want to build a better pedalboard (the actual thing that holds them).

mine is awkward to carry, and those cases everyone else has look so nice. I just gotta figure out what I need to buy from Home Depot haha

15. artitrol

artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    Sarasota
    Yes, the original EHX pedals(except NANO and XO line) is very "bastard" with their large body. You can't take them away easy though the big pedals look very cool. I hate that~~~

16. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Sorry you feel that way, SEV. The way I see it, a little donation every year is a very cheap price to pay for the amount of valuable information I get every day on TB. Additionally, buying and selling on TB has become a much preferred venue for me than eBay or craigslist. Of course, you are free to have your own opinion about the issue, but I don't think it's unreasonable to ask members to become contributors before they use TB for their personal interests (selling).

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

17. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    oh so its not in the Q-tron line, maybe I have seen it, I was just thinking about the q-tron and the like and was like... WHOA Q-Tron? Tubes? interesting...

but yeah that sounds pretty nice, i need to get a good EQ sometime (maybe even two...), maybe I'll check it out

Funny thing is that I built my pedalboard when I had only two pedals - Boss ME-50B and the Digitech Jamman, I left myself TONS of free space, it ended up fitting everything I've had up very nicely, at one point it was prefectly snug. but now I'm getting rid of the ME-50B and that frees up more space than anything. but still I need an easier way to carry my pedals lol

18. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    heh SEV

anyways, I agree that I have got tons of great information here, this site is an amazing place for informing bassists on what more seasoned players know. But in my head I'm thinking, "why pay for something I get for free?" I dont like to spend money when I don't have to, but I understand the reasoning behind the selling things here.

19. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    yup, bought the Boss Super Chorus, hooked it up to two amps... I love it, I'm am severely satisfied with my purchase. I can't wait to get home for the summer and finish getting everything set up how I want it...!

20. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    If you absolutely don't have the money to contribute, then that's understandable. However, if you do have the funds, keep in mind that although this site is free for anyone to use, it's not free to operate. Paul does a great job - along with help from the Mods - providing us all a spectacular place to share information (the best on the web, IMO) and it's a service I'm willing to help support. If everyone took the "why pay for something I can get for free" attitude, this place would disappear very quickly. I'm not trying to beat you up over the issue, just offering my opinion. :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.