Post your pedalboards - Part IV

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    heres a new picture of my board.

signal chain is:

bass > mxr di > bad monkey > ashdown envelope filter > ehx octave multiplexer > ehx nano small stone > boss limiter enhancer > boss dd3 > boss rc2 > amp

the board(s) are homemade. I based them off the pedal train boards basically.

Attached Files:

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Killer setup! Looks nice and modular! Do you have them angled like that on stage?

3. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    methinks you could fit all that on one board in two rows if one of those had another plank accross further back

that would just make more sense to me

4. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    i actually just built the board the other day, so i havent had a chance to gig with it yet, but i most likely use that angled set up.

5. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    It looks to me that he did that to preserve stage space. I remember being in bands that had too many people to fit on the stage at once. We also had a lot of gear...

6. artitrol

artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    Sarasota

Oh, if you had interesting for the tube envelope filter, you can try the TubeZipper. It's the demo video link:
    http://media.ehx.com/media/11_TubeZipper.mpg

TubeZipper is a tube edition reissuie of original Zipper pedal, what a envelope filter as Mu-Tron iii but with overdrive and random model. Very interest. Both George Clinton and Larry Graham have got it.

7. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    wow, i wasn't really impressed until the end where he demonstrated why it is called the tubeZIPPER, i like that weird sound lol

but its still not really a tube envelope filter, its a normal envelope filter with a tube distortion added on

its intriguing, it would probably be fun to mess with

edit: i just remembered i saw someone who looked like george clinton the other day, he was sweet lol. He had a beard and long dreads, but no multiple colors hahaha

8. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    it seams to me the way i said would take up less floor area, but i guess i can see that setup being more versatile... if he really wanted to save space he could pack things in on the pedalboard more tightly, there is a decent amount of empty space on his board in between pedals and on the edges... maybe i'd get it if i'd been in that situation before, I've never played a venue where I was lacking in space, but I've never had more than 5 people in a band

9. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Also remember that thick boards make it hard to reach a microphone, so his 2 skinny ones won't be a problem if he sings.

10. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I know it's whatever works best for you, but I would swap the position of the Octave Multiplexer with the Ashdown Filter. That way the octaver get s a nice clean signal and you can get some fat synthy squelch when you use them together.

11. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    Not if it's a boom stand. ;)
    It would balance better if there weren't two rows though.

12. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for being picky. :D

13. vtwo

vtwo

Dec 16, 2006
    Connecticut
    <andre 3000 voice> I'm just being honest. :)

14. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I'll give you that skinny ones would make it easier for that purpose (though the booms were brought up =P), but also, I didn't think of that cause I can't sing! lmao

I wish I could though, it would make my search for a competent singer easier...

15. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    I need help with finding good cables. The signal chain is as follows:

Modulus Q6/Korg Wavestation>Boss LS2>Zvex Fuzz Factory>Boss DD3>Zoom 506II>SIB Fatdrive>Moog Ring Modulator>Moog Phaser>Boomerang>Ernie Ball Volume

I want to run my sax into this chain. Im thinking of getting a small mixer.

Attached Files:

16. chatpiece13

chatpiece13

Apr 24, 2007
    rack mounted stuff is the way to go
    gets everything off the floor

17. Sir Edward V

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    duuuuuuuuuuuuude, how you goanna turn it off and on then?? using your hands is laaaaaaaame

unless you just leave everything on...

18. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY

Not bashing, just curious, why have all the effects if all you're running to the FOH is clean tone? Do you DI from your amp or have a passive DI post effects or mic a cab? Or do you not need PA support, and just use the MXR for tone shaping?

19. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    +1.

20. I'll have something to contribute soon, it'll be my (almost) completed board! :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.