Post your pedalboards - Part IV

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    i WOULD post my board, but nobody would believe that i actually owned the effects that i posted. YOU GUYS BLEW IT!

2. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I'll only ask once, but it'd be nice to see your board :)

Joe.

3. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    it was actually only one person who blew it. but, i think ill overlook him. ill try getting pics soon.

4. ME! haha! :D

5. Just curious, but how do you fit all those effects into a set? I dont konw much about preforming (Im not in a band or anything) but those are allot of effects! The only way I see them all fitting is in a band like the Butthole Surfers or Nine Inch Nails, otherwise it seems liek overkill.

6. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    it can be, but we try to find ways to make it work, lol

I don't actually use my effects too often in a band situation, in most cases they seam to like clean bass sounds, but I'm working them in when I can/when it is feesable/when it sounds tight.

7. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    OK, here is a bad cartoony mockup of my board, done on PSP. I did a drawing because I need to get hold of number 4 and some patch leads before it is finished, so I thought I would past a picture then.

Anyway, here is my artistic effort:
    509610435_78abb6f591_o.png

And here is what they all are:
    1 - Alesis ModFX Faze (Phaser)
    2 - 1200mA 9V AC/DC Power Supply
    3 - Behringer TU100 Chromatic Tuner (I may keep this - power supply jack is in a convenient position at the moment - but it may be replaced by a Boss TU-2)
    4 - Footswitch for No1 (it is really designed as a rack unit, and so has a flimsy bypass button, and a footswitch jack on the back - I don't have one yet though)
    5 - Behringer BCH100 Bass Chorus (to be replaced by a Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble)
    6 - Amp footswitch
    7 - Digitech Bass Synth Wah (I will be keeping this, for the octave setting more than anything else, but may be adding a DOD FX25B for the envelope sounds at some point in the future, as I am not 100% happy with the BSW's envelope)
    8 - Behringer Hell Babe Wah Pedal (would love to replace this with the Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah, but can't afford it - it will do for now though - when my student loan comes through...)

I know that I have quite a bit of Behringer stuff in there, but it is cheap and I wanted to experiment. I do intend to upgrade most of it (probably not the tuner though)

I will post pics when I have got my footswitch (number 4) and it is all wired up

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

8. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    It all depends on what your needs are for the music you're playing. In my band, I really only need a couple of different types of OD/fuzz at the moment. I also have a compressor, a tuner, and a bypass looper on my board bringing the total up to 5. However, I could easily see how any other pedal you can think of could be used. Sometimes it's only for a small part of one song, but if you need it at all, it's still adding another pedal on your board for the entire set.

Also, there's people who just like to have a lot of toys. There's nothing wrong with that either.

9. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    for me, i just get really comfortable ith a line and then start playing aroun with effects to decide which ones sound best.

10. bbe

bbe

Nov 6, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    i normally di out of my amp. the mxr is more of just a tone shaping pedal for me, rather than an actual di.

11. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    muahaha I now know everything about you!.......Bubba!

Favorite Foods: Macaroni, French Fries, and Wild Cherry Lifesavers

muahahaha

well thats the fifth artist on moog's rock/pop anyways

12. I think that last part is going to be me lol. Right now Im looking into getting a muff and pulsar, even though I dont think I would ever use them in a band setting :meh: .

13. Soon! I'll be posting mine soon! hehehe (believe me, I can't wait to have it done!)

I'm placing an order tomorrow for an EBS Multicomp and a Pedaltrain Pro board so I can finish things up and then I'll post a pic of a fresh board for you! :cool:

5sg

14. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    check the site that is in my profile. youll notice that they are the exact same thing.

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
    Will someone just post a bloody pedal board, the derailing is getting on my nerves.

I have a new pedalboard coming soon, big changes kinda :D I will wait till then.

16. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    +1. less talk, more pics!

17. +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

18. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    -(-1) :D

19. thanks a lot....i need math far from my mind at the moment....

It finals week and im in tecnologies

20. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    -((√144)/4-4) Better? :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.