Post your pedalboards - Part IV

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    vtwo: that's MI Audio. (check them out here!)

but M Audio does, in fact, make a multi called the Black Box. for guitar.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

2. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    hes got wheels on the side as well, maybe that means something...

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    My newest board plan (pending the purchase of an MXR Blowtorch):

[​IMG]

Chain order: BASS => MXR Blowtorch => EHX Little Big Muff => EBS Multicomp => Loop-Master TB Loop Pedal => EHX Clone Theory => AMP

In the Loop: EHX Bass Micro Synthesizer

I just received the loop pedal yesterday, and it has a bright yellow LED. I ordered it unpainted, since I'll be painting it with black/yellow "caution" stripes soon. :D

My Morley Power Wah is off the board for now, but I'm not selling it - I'll carry it with me to attach to the chain, but it'll be off the board since I seldom use it. The GK footswitch will also stay off the board unless I decide against getting a Blowtorch (in which case, it'll go right where that Blowtorch is in the diagram).

The board is a Pedaltrain Jr.... but I don't own one yet. I'm currently trying to sell my Pedaltrain 2 for that reason.

It's hard to tell, but underneath the Blowtorch and the BMS will be a mounted power strip, and maybe a Dunlop DC Brick, too. I already know for a fact that there's enough clearance for both.

4. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    sweet board, Mystic! that'll kick some serious butt.

5. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Boo, can I ask why you only have the BMS in the loop? I'm new to all this effects thing, but I assumed that its normal to put a few pedals in the loop? Is the BMS known as a tonesucker? Thanks

6. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA

Isn't that a true bypass pedal?

7. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The EHX BMS is not true bypass.

8. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the BMS is not true bypass. Boo apparently does not like the bypassed tone, so he put it in a loop. also, it effectively brings the bypass switch of the BMS to the front of the board, which helps Boo to avoid hitting/breaking the sliders with his s**tkickers. :D

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The BMS is not true bypass. It's what I like to call "Devil Bypass" :)

10. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    word

11. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    you should have that be your signature, too. that way, in that last post, you'd've had the word "word" 3 times.

;)

12. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Actually, I don't have a problem with the tone - the difference is negligible for me, IMO. There is some volume suck if you compare it to a direct-to-amp signal, though.

About time you got ONE reason right! I wear steel-toe boots most of the time, so I'd rather not destroy my precious BMS :D

The other is a bit childish, but I wanted to have a fancy, intimidating indicator of when the effect was actually active (hence, the loop pedal that will soon be elaborately painted). :smug:

I'm also considering the possibility of putting the other pedals in the loop, save for the chorus.

What's interesting is that I'd originally intended to place the LBM, Morley Power Wah, and BMS together in that loop for easy soloing without the "pedal dance". Now that the Morley isn't permanently mounted, the loop's purpose has changed.

13. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    ha ha. I should, but that would be just redunent...I'll put slova.

14. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    hmmm... good reason! it's been a while since i've used my BMS, and i'd forgotten about the non-indicating LED thang...

15. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Ok, I know I should search, but when you kick in the loop pedal, does every pedal turn on? That may be a stupid question...

16. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Nope. All it does is place it in the signal path. You have to turn it on, otherwise it comes in bypassed.

The cool thing about a loop pedal is, if you're using multiple pedals in a single loop, you can turn on only the ones you want to use together, and the loop switch will bring them in simultaneously. It's an easy way to use a chain of effects for a song riff or solo without having to turn them all on one by one... but they already need to be turned on for it to work.

17. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    thanks mysticboo...very helpful :)

18. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    dude there is a problem with your diagram... the send on the loopers going to the output on the BMS!

hahaha

so the BMS has no indicater of being on or not like the Q-tron eh?

I modded my q-tron to have the LED turn on and off, but the other light that indicates clipping goes off whether or not the effect is on now, i think its a grounding problem... i have to fix that lol

19. JanusZarate

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    Oops... I forgot about that. It's a minor thing - all those cables will be routed underneath the Pedaltrain anyway :p

Yup. I think it's an aspect of the design of all of those similarly-sized pedals.

I wonder if it's like that on newer stuff like the HOG, POG, or Flanger Hoax?

20. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the POG's light indicates status. i believe the HOG's and the Hoax's do as well, but i'm not sure.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.