Power amp loudness?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Naggon, May 29, 2007.

1. Naggon

Naggon

Nov 8, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    thanks for all the suggestions everyone....I called carvin, and they couldn't help me either....so I guess the thing is just broken :mad: I guess thats what I get for buying stuff on ebay. I'm going to try and get an estimate for repairs, then see if I can ge the guy I bought it from to pay for it (sounds likely, eh?) Oh well, I just got a new job, and my band's got some pretty good gigs coming up, so I can't complain too much.

Cheers to everyone trying to help me out, and happy bassin'! :smug:

2. Saetia

Saetia Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    To Naggon: Did the auction on e-bay state "AS IS?" There should be some sort of way to either send it back or get the seller to take care of it.

I would have messaged the seller right away to make sure you let them know that something was arye.

To Greenboy: Just remember it's summer time so all of the kids will be coming out of the wood work. These sorts of things happen every summer. I wouldn't take it to seriously because in my experience here on TB that unclejam will be doing some growing up here and actually contribute cognitively to the forums some day.

To Unclejam: Take it easy, take the time to learn, don't assume, show at least a bit of respect. There are some very accomplished and credible members here on TB, don't piss off those who are potential assets to your developement. You'll find out if you keep up with slander and outright disrespect that you'll earn a reputation that you don't want and it won't be very pleasent here for you on TB. By doing that you only limit the vast amount of knowledge and information that so many very intellegent and inspiring members here on TB are willing to give.

Peace

-Benny

3. +100000 to everything you said :)

4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Hey Naggon,

If you are going to bring it in to be fixed I reccomend Backline. They are on Frances street near Clark and Venebles. L&M sends their stuff there so you know they got to be half decent. I brought some gear there and they were very professional. Fixed me up well and it wasnt overly expensive.

If your so inclined you could bring your poweramp / rig to my place (I live near Lougheed Mall in Burnaby) and I could try to help you sort it out. I used to run a stewart poweramp with a pre so I'm somewhat famaliar with what needs to be done. Then again I make no guarantees!